eaf1956

Feed Provider
Today I had a odd issue with ProScan. The Metadata would show on the computer but, no audio would show up in ProScan. I recycled the SDS 200 a few times it never worked. I disabled the LAN on the SDS 200 restarted it then turned it back on (No audio) After, doing everything I was about to give up (mind you this was a feed 50 miles one way to get to) Oddly, I turned it from a PUBLIC Network to a Private Network and guess what the audio started working. Still having PORT issues for the web server and RSOIP but at least I got the RR feed back online. As far as the PORT issues I got it to work once but then it quit again. To sum up I hate dealing with new modem/routers.

P.S. No this is not my setup or feed

eaf1956

Feed Provider
EAF this sounds like a windows update issue.
Probably, I really don't like Win 10. I had a similar thing happen on my Feed computer, odd thing about it was one ProScan was fine and another wouldn't work showing the same things as that other feed. That one cleared up with a scanner reboot. I might add that issue was using a wireless adapter with a SDS 200 in another room. The one working was the feed which is wired direct to the router aka Modem. When it does the no audio thing it will not show any time passing on the URL Audio setup and monitor screen and it shows data passing and stops off and on.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
On to other things: Anyone have issues with the WEB Server display? Just when the Source is set to sizeable display. I had to return to Scanner Only for it to look right.

Chris0516

Bob, A curiosity concerning the History.log and the Recorder. I am seeing a difference between the two. Looking at the Recorder, I am getting reception that is neither in my Favorites List, nor is it showing up in the History.log.

Does this make sense?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, A curiosity concerning the History.log and the Recorder. I am seeing a difference between the two. Looking at the Recorder, I am getting reception that is neither in my Favorites List, nor is it showing up in the History.log.

Does this make sense?
The History & Recorder logs whatever the scanner sends. If there is a difference in the logs then compare the history & recorder options. Also if a channel logged isn't in your Favorites then check if the scanner is searching and not scanning.
Double & triple check your setup.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
So you want to use the HTML5 player with about 24 seconds latency??? No there's not. Perhaps try an external player.
Not exactly, just the option to add a delay if there is one within the current player.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 20.5 Just Released!
This is a very minor release. I just wanted to get this out so I can start work on RadioFeed next.
  • Changed - Web Server - Stopped showing the virtual keypad on the web browser when the program is minimized or the View Type doesn't show a keypad.
  • Fixed - Web Server - The web browser virtual display wasn't working right when the View Type is set to Display Only.
ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

blacktop

Feed Provider
Quick question for buddrousa or anyone else running multiple USB sound cards into multiple Proscan instances on one computer that are being used for both streaming feeds and recording. Do you have issues upon a reboot with Windows scanning the USB sound cards and just randomly assigning a USB sound card to each instance of software running on the computer? I tried in the past to run multiple Zello instances but every reboot required me to have go in and manually re-assign each USB sound card to the correct instance of Zello. Well that got long in the tooth, especially since my setup is remote and I use Anydesk to make the corrections. Not difficult, but the remote computer is on a low-bandwidth connection and is a slow laptop, so it is kind of arduous to make corrections. The site is adjacent to an airport and is subject to frequent power outages.

I'm re-doing the setup and will have 4 instances of Proscan running with either 4 or 8 audio feeds (still to decide) running through it. My question is this: Did you re-name each of the USB devices so that they have a distinct name? I'm wondering if this is what prevents the re-assigning of audio cards to different instances? buddrousa, I note, in particular has said that he does not have this jumbling effect of USB audio cards as an issue. As I undertake to build a new system, I'd like to 'get it right' from the start. I also note that I have the same USB audio cards that buddrousa uses, for what that is worth.

Computer is an HP desktop i3, 12GB, Win 10 22H2, Samsung 870 SSD. Only thing that will be on it is Proscan, Zello, & Anydesk

Thanks for any advice....

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
This seemed to be ok yesterday, however, I'm now noticing, after leaving my session run all night, when I woke up this morning, the only screen showing was the favourites editor and the virtual screen, no UID monitoring screen. So after mulitple shutdowns and reboots, I finally uninstalled the program, rebooted, and re-installed it. Had to go searching for the product key, but then entered that, now when I open it up, same thing. I can't get full program to open up now. When I open it up, the only thing that opens is the favourites editor, and that's it. No virtual screen now either.

I've uninstalled it and tried going back to a previous version and same thing. It's like there's a pop up blocker that blocks those other 2 windows opening up when opening the programming.

ProScan Version 20.5 Just Released!
This is a very minor release. I just wanted to get this out so I can start work on RadioFeed next.
  • Changed - Web Server - Stopped showing the virtual keypad on the web browser when the program is minimized or the View Type doesn't show a keypad.
  • Fixed - Web Server - The web browser virtual display wasn't working right when the View Type is set to Display Only.
ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Last edited:

BobFam

This seemed to be ok yesterday, however, I'm now noticing, after leaving my session run all night, when I woke up this morning, the only screen showing was the favourites editor and the virtual screen, no UID monitoring screen. So after mulitple shutdowns and reboots, I finally uninstalled the program, rebooted, and re-installed it. Had to go searching for the product key, but then entered that, now when I open it up, same thing. I can't get full program to open up now. When I open it up, the only thing that opens is the favourites editor, and that's it. No virtual screen now either.

I've uninstalled it and tried going back to a previous version and same thing. It's like there's a pop up blocker that blocks those other 2 windows opening up when opening the programming.
Thanks. My problem was resolved. It was a quick key problem. Works fine now. Bob.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
They were not showing there at all. No. The only thing that comes up is the favourites editor. Nothing else and no other screens are minmized. They can't even be seen. JUST the favourites editor only.
Do this
1. Stop ProScan
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file. To get to the folder containing the file, go to the Test & Extra tab then click the File Explorer button.
3. Post the following lines here.
4. Edit out the following lines.
5. Start ProScan.

[WINDOW STATE]=
[WINDOW BOUNDS]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 1]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 2]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 3]=

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I know I should know this, but where is that .cfg file?

Do this
1. Stop ProScan
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file. To get to the folder containing the file, go to the Test & Extra tab then click the File Explorer button.
3. Post the following lines here.
4. Edit out the following lines.
5. Start ProScan.

[WINDOW STATE]=
[WINDOW BOUNDS]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 1]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 2]=
[WINDOW LOCATION 3]=

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
No, because the screen that those tabs are in are not available to me. That's one of the screens that I can't see. Like I said, the only thing that opens up is just the favourites editor. I can see the others try to open up, but then it looks like they minimize somewhere, but it's not to the task bar because nothing except the favourites editor is showing.

Does step 2 in my previous post help?