ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No, because the screen that those tabs are in are not available to me. That's one of the screens that I can't see. Like I said, the only thing that opens up is just the favourites editor. I can see the others try to open up, but then it looks like they minimize somewhere, but it's not to the task bar because nothing except the favourites editor is showing.
Sorry about that.
See if this helps

Q: I can't find the config file or the logging files.
A: If ProScan is installed in the "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)" folder AND running 64 bit OS AND not running ProScan in admin mode then Windows puts all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Well that's weird. Edited out those numbers all out, closed out, restarted. All is good now. Thank you for the assistance.

Fun stuff that Windows occasionally does randomly. Likely was not the fault of ProScan but something that happened in a fraction of a second when you opened it the other day (when you first had the issue). Anyway, you got it sorted but just explaining a little further.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Yes I have had problems with them after a reboot that is why I run 2200 Watt UPS Backups for multiple things Network, Scanners, PC.

Ahhh...okay, thanks for that buddrousa... I was wondering if maybe you had found the Windows 'Holy Grail' of assigning USB audio cards. I do have a 1000W UPS I can run the computer from, so I'll throw that in and it should get me by for *most* of the shorter outages. I have a couple of 500 watt units for the rest. Unfortunately, the location can be prone to some rather extended outages so I may be looking for a larger, consolidated UPS for the long haul.

Thanks so much for responding to this post, really appreciated...

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I have an update/append/merge how-to question. I ran it by Bob, but since he's not familiar with Whistler EZ-Scan, he suggested that I post it here. Hopefully, I'll explain it properly. Here goes:

I monitor a system or systems and assign them to a favorites list (Uniden SDS100) or scanlist (Whistler TRX-1). When the sites/talkgroups get updated periodically on the RRDB, I do a Library Import.

1673246486262.png
Based on how I set the options, the system components are either imported, updated or skipped, depending if they already exist in my scanlist.

1673245632306.jpeg
I'm trying to do the same thing with ProScan. My questions are, is it possible to do this in ProScan and if so, is there a step-by-step procedure on how to do it.

The only way that I could ever seem to do it in ProScan, is to append the system to a new favorites list and then go through and compare the what I have programmed to what was appended into a new favorites list and then copy sites and/or talkgroups from the newer favorites list to the old one. When I tried to append from the database to the existing favorites list, it creates a new favorites list.

I'm just afraid that I'm going to destroy what I have programmed and have to start all over.

Hopefully, I've explained what I want to do correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
My next question, is how do you currently update the systems in your favorites list? Is it done using ProScan or Sentinel? Are there any step-by-step procedures?

Thanks again.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My next question, is how do you currently update the systems in your favorites list? Is it done using ProScan or Sentinel? Are there any step-by-step procedures?

Thanks again.
It could be done in ProScan or Sentinel.
In ProScan (like Sentinel), it's done in the Favorites Editor.
I don't know what you've done so far so let me ask.
Was the last update done in ProScan or Sentinel?
Do you have the ProScan Favorites Editor showing?
Do you already have the systems in the ProScan favorites?
Is the Favorites folder/files location opened in ProScan using the same Sentinel folder location?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
1673634435119.png

Look up record flag from db, just confirming, when that with that checked, it will record any entry who's record box is checked?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Where is this for the 436HP settings in Proscan?
In the Favorites Editor, click on a system node then click on the System Options tab (it may already be in the System Options tab).
See the last parameter "Record". If you don't see it then scroll to the right or widen the window.

{edit} Also click a channel node and you should see the Record box on the far right side.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Chris0516

In the Favorites Editor, click on a system node then click on the System Options tab (it may already be in the System Options tab).
See the last parameter "Record". If you don't see it then scroll to the right or widen the window.

{edit} Also click a channel node and you should see the Record box on the far right side.

View attachment 134276
Got it, thanks (y)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 134276

Thanks Bob, that was the piece I was missing.

1673697752165.png