Let's See Your Boot Opening Screens + (Tutorial)

shansmi

Premium Subscriber
Can I be blatantly honest, why would anyone ever care to change this. My scanners are never off. Simply don't feel the need.

Mine are rarely off as well but the do reboot when connecting / disconnecting cables after a push or update. This is seen there as well. No different really than modding the screen to your liking.

EricRF

I've been playing with this on my SDS100. One thing though. The splash screen is on for such a short time, it's hard to absorb what's on it. Is there any way to make it persist?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with this on my SDS100. One thing though. The splash screen is on for such a short time, it's hard to absorb what's on it. Is there any way to make it persist?
No, there is no setting available for the time period that the splash screen is showing.

EricRF

No, there is no setting available for the time period that the splash screen is showing.
OK, thanks! I figured there was no setting, thought I thought maybe if you held a certain key down it might hang around. Time to make some much, much, simpler splash screens.

shansmi

Premium Subscriber
I made these. just change the extension to bmp... and the name adjustment of course.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 232424.jpeg

Attachments

• sds100_skullandbones_opening.txt
    225.1 KB · Views: 22
  • sds200_skullandbones_opening.txt
    450.1 KB · Views: 12

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
These are all great. I was unaware of this feature. So much to learn. My SDS200 is on 24/7 and has been for almost 2 years so I rarely see the opening screen.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
These are all great. I was unaware of this feature. So much to learn. My SDS200 is on 24/7 and has been for almost 2 years so I rarely see the opening screen.

It is pretty neat feature.

Many of the community members made some pretty neat opening screens!