Valley Emergency Medical Services -Medics

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
If you live in and monitor the lower Naugatuck Vallley area you know that the VEMS Medics frequency has always had issues. That is, until now.
VEMS is now on the CLMRN system with 2 talk groups:

9050- main dispatch
9051- tactical.

Reception is excellent now as you can imagine. I’m told all traffic is on this system, no simulcasting.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
incorrect, their UHF repeater is patched with their primary talkgroup (for now)
I was told this was only for a few weeks, while they transition over to the new system. That can always change too, who knows. Either way, the new audio from CLMRN is 100% better.

Manny

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I was told this was only for a few weeks, while they transition over to the new system. That can always change too, who knows. Either way, the new audio from CLMRN is 100% better.

Manny
Very much an improvement, and as you said, the coverage is so much better as well.
And yeah they're going to turn off the uhf at some point, that's up to them. They don't own that system anyway, so no sweat for them.

MarkB513

I put those two talk groups in the other day and heard a dispatch this morning on the "A" system. Didn't expect it, I guess someone happen to be affiliated at the time. Sounded fairly decent for analog over digital. I almost always have to set a negative volume setting on my BCD996P2 when an analog system is patched to a talk group or it's too overwhelming.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I head them still on UHF the other night.

N1SQB, next time I drive by the house with Engine 4, I'll honk so you know its me (K1JJN)

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
They are completely on the CLMRN. The patch is on as they still have UHF for alerting in HQ

Something a Unication pager in an amplified base would fix fast :)

APX7500X2

Yes, but not everyone looks at the DB to check for new frequencies. I thought I’d help out by pointing it out in case.
I wasn't saying you were doing anything bad, just pointing it out so people could download the update to their scanners

Oh and It was also in the CLMRN thread last week ;)

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
They are completely on the CLMRN. The patch is on as they still have UHF for alerting in HQ

Something a Unication pager in an amplified base would fix fast :)
from what they described to me, they don't even have alerting, just radios on at all times. that came from CB and BE. A G4 would definitely open up a lot of possibilities for them though

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't saying you were doing anything bad, just pointing it out so people could download the update to their scanners

Oh and It was also in the CLMRN thread last week ;)
I did not take it bad. No problem brother. I was just pointing out that for whatever reason, a lot of people don't make it a habit to check the RR database. They sound good on my G5 pager. Love it...:)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
from what they described to me, they don't even have alerting, just radios on at all times. that came from CB and BE. A G4 would definitely open up a lot of possibilities for them though
Alerting as in tones to get their attention? Because on the CLMRN side, I do hear the initial alert tone. "BEEEEEEP, VEMS Medic needed for XXXX"
I hope tha's wwhat you mean...

Manny

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
You are correct it is a Kenwood just on some speakers. I agree a G4 with an amplified charger out to an amp and 4 or 5 speakers would be a home run. We will see I have it set up on 2 of my G5s and it works over the system great SH is pushing the G4 so we will see if it happens ;)

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Alerting as in tones to get their attention? Because on the CLMRN side, I do hear the initial alert tone. "BEEEEEEP, VEMS Medic needed for XXXX"
I hope tha's wwhat you mean...

Manny
Correct, but the tone doesnt do anything but sound over the air, so they need to have their radios on at all times, as opposed to having something just open when the tones go off.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
You are correct it is a Kenwood just on some speakers. I agree a G4 with an amplified charger out to an amp and 4 or 5 speakers would be a home run. We will see I have it set up on 2 of my G5s and it works over the system great SH is pushing the G4 so we will see if it happens ;)
My G5 works great at home with CLMRN paging. Maybe I'll show them the system I built for New Hartford, could just as easily be run off a g series amp charger as it does with a CDM

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Correct, but the tone doesnt do anything but sound over the air, so they need to have their radios on at all times, as opposed to having something just open when the tones go off.
Ah yes, the paging tones to open up the squelch. Got it! As important as a job as these folks do, I don't get why someone hasn't equipped them already with the best alerting system out there. Lots of respect fot first responders.....

Manny

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Ah yes, the paging tones to open up the squelch. Got it! As important as a job as these folks do, I don't get why someone hasn't equipped them already with the best alerting system out there. Lots of respect fot first responders.....

Manny
Even an informer would be an improvement from the current situation. But with the migration to CLMRN, a G4 pager is a very easy solution