• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom FR5300 Audio Out

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am setting up dual Icom FR5300 radios to act as base station radios. They are going to be connected via IDA Corp VoIP hardware. The audio coming from the DB25 connector passes through regardless of the RX PL/CTCSS/Tone. How do I set up the radio so it only passed audio out the DB25 that meets the RX tone settings?

Also, I am getting a yellow caution type symbol in the programming on Simplex frequencies. The only channel mode options I see are "Full Duplex" and "Repeat".

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I have not played with a FR5300 but remember with the FR4000 you had to change the radio from repeater to base model then added a T/R relay for the antenna.

Looking at the manual for the FR5300 it looks like you probably used Pin 9 - Discriminator Audio as I dont see a flat audio pairs from the unit. I would assume to use this you would need to program one of the EXT I/O to PL/COR or what ever the software allows for that trigger. Then you would need to setup your voip gateway to only open audio when the COR/PL detect is on. Alot of the Tone Remote Adapters did support that function. I have never used the IDA VoIP box but looking at the manual on the 21-28 it appears COR is on Pin 25

Connection Function Pin #1 RX Audio Pin #7 Ground Pin #20 +13.8 Vdc Pin #21 TX Audio Pin #25 COR Output #1-7 User-programmable Channel Output Pattern Output #8 User Defined Output #9 PTT Output #10 User Defined

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I changed the Icom FR5300 Ext I/O Pin 17 from 'Busy' to 'Analog Audible' and the system seems to be functioning as desired.

I am using this system as a base station operating on both Duplex and Simplex channels. It seems to function fine on the duplex channels using the 'Full-Duplex' Operation Mode however it is having issues with Simplex channels. The LCD on the radio is flashing and I am getting a little yellow caution/error icon on the programming software wherever there is a simplex channel. There is no Simplex Operation Mode option on this radio. I just got done updating the firmware hoping that would maybe fix the problem, nope...

12dbsinad

I changed the Icom FR5300 Ext I/O Pin 17 from 'Busy' to 'Analog Audible' and the system seems to be functioning as desired.

I am using this system as a base station operating on both Duplex and Simplex channels. It seems to function fine on the duplex channels using the 'Full-Duplex' Operation Mode however it is having issues with Simplex channels. The LCD on the radio is flashing and I am getting a little yellow caution/error icon on the programming software wherever there is a simplex channel. There is no Simplex Operation Mode option on this radio. I just got done updating the firmware hoping that would maybe fix the problem, nope...
The flashing display means the VCO is unlocked. What are your frequency splits? Almost sounds like whatever the simplex channel is is out of band.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Apparently the Icom FR5300 cannot be used as a Simplex Base Station like the older Icom FR5000 radios. I believe the FR5000 radio has been discontinued. This is a very nice surprise near what I thought was the end of this project...
You can see in the picture the yellow caution/error icon on the simplex channels. These are the channels that flash on the LCD. The other channels do not flash.

Capture.JPG

12dbsinad

Well they make antenna switches for it so I'd say it can be done. Maybe you can not do both. Try just entering 1 channel simplex and see if it allows it. I could help you more but I'm not next to the software currently.