Linn Co Simulcast (Linn County) Node Now Active on Calls Platform & Stream Update

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
After providing the official stream for Linn County Simulcast to Broadcastify since May of 2020 with a focus on responsiveness and uptime, I am officially now providing the same service level as a node on the Broadcastify Calls platform. I have upgraded my software to run 3 tuners simultaneously which are monitoring and handling 2.4 MHz chunks of the simulcast. Looking at my logs, I'm now able to capture and feed the full scope of the simulcast, so I'm moving this into production.

As far as what I should be filtering off my contribution to the calls platform, I assume the goal is to put these decisions in the listeners hands eventually... But the tools to do this are not fully built yet.. As there are other contributors to the SARA network, please let me know if there is anything I need to do to bring my operations in-line with what others in the state are doing with their nodes. I'm especially unsure of patches which can vary in quality - so I'm very open to input and feedback and making adjustments through adding or subtracting TG's.

Also, an update on the old-school stream, my new system now provides a much more complete representation of communication to the listener with concurrently scanned calls now chronologically queued into the stream - that means no more missed calls since the scanner doesn't choose a winner! All of these changes move towards more openness and complete accessibility to listeners who would otherwise not have this level of access.

Anyways, just thought I would provide this update so everyone could roast me for posting in the wrong forum and humbly providing a service to the community! Peace!

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
EQUIPMENT
Software:
SDRtrunk v 0.5.0 stable - Free
Tuners: 3 NooElec NESDR Smart v4 USB SDR radios. ~ $33/per
Hardware: iMac 3.1 GHz intel i5 quad-core w/16GB RAM running macOS 12.6.2

LINKS
Software:
SDRtrunk
Tuners: https://a.co/d/7QtYX2o
Hardware: iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015) - Technical Specification

I've found this setup to be stable so far and SDRtrunk has been relatively pain-free to get up and running. I see no benefit to running dedicated hardware which exceeds this as of today with macOS. My hat is off to everyone behind this free software which is actively being developed and refined and so perfectly integrated with Broadcastify. It works on Windows, Mac and Linux too!

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
Here is the the interface of SDRtrunk tuning the Linn County Simulcast with 3 SDR tuners.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.40.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.40.37 PM.png
    817.7 KB · Views: 30