NHSP pats peak location buildout status

cboykonh

I’ve been looking at the WPYT315 license and that is set to expire 10/21/23. This is kind of interesting especially with the completed buildout of the pats peak license set for 9/30/23. It kind of bears watching what will happen? Will the kearsarge license be renewed or be let to expire with the buildout of pats peak. Just figured I’d point this out.

jmfirefighter

I can say two things:

1.) New site builds don't always go as planned based on lawyers, agreements, and equipment procurement. The Pat's Peak site has been RX only for years and is being upgraded to TX/RX. The equipment has been sitting since 2019.

2.) As has been explained in multiple other threads that you've started regarding this and other NHSP operations, Troops A, B, and D are voted transmit-selectable systems at the dispatchers discretion. Kearsarge isn't going anywhere and trust me, no licenses are being lapsed unless there is good reason. This is an additional site for more RX coverage and backup TX. Kearsarge will remain the primary TX for Troop D and Pack will remain primary TX for Troop B.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
The state is not going to provide a timeline on its communications maintenance activities. There's already more information provided publicly and benevolently than would normally be offered. If you want to know, listen to your scanner. We need more searching and reporting on new and/or
changing frequencies and channels. Not on what's already in everybody's scanners.

nhpatriot76

Premium Subscriber
The state is not going to provide a timeline on its communications maintenance activities. There's already more information provided publicly and benevolently than would normally be offered. If you want to know, listen to your scanner. We need more searching and reporting on new and/or
changing frequencies and channels. Not on what's already in everybody's scanners.

It's one of those "It happens when it happens" sort of things.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
The state is not going to provide a timeline on its communications maintenance activities. There's already more information provided publicly and benevolently than would normally be offered. If you want to know, listen to your scanner.

Still not something new to program into our scanners.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
With the approaching deadline for the pats peak buildout, I am wondering if anyone knows if the is done or any news on this?
I highly suggest you read John's post very slowly and carefully, then read between the lines on it. You keep asking and are going to keep getting the same answer. So I'd suggest moving onto something else...

cboykonh

Already figured it out by looking at the fcc database, sorry I didn’t get a chance to get back about this, tge project is completed according to the notification from fcc.

cboykonh

Not sure if it was this post or not I had also been asking about tge renewal of 156.21 mt kearsarge frequency, but I have seen that frequency was renewed as well. Just figured I’d pass tgat along too. Not sure being it seems like a long time ago, so nit sure where I might have posted the question. That too has been resolved.

nhpatriot76

Premium Subscriber
Well I can tell you from experience that the State of NH has a highly trained team of professionals that update, review, and monitor the expirations and statuses of all state asset FCC licenses and projects, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.