Broward County P25 (997.BEE00)

RetChf

I can't afford the Unication or the Uniden SDS200. Will the Uniden BCD996P2 receive Broward County's P2 system? That's more affordable for me right now.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Not to well as it would have trouble with simulcast but sometimes you can get a good deal on fleabay or save up to get a SDS200. True they are not cheap but they are worth the wait and $$$ as well.I know a guy down in Broward that I have helped already and he is using a Harris P7500 radio to monitor the system. Once you make the jump to use public safety grade radios to non affiliate scan of a system it is hard to go back but it can be done if you know what to look for. the major trouble is knowing what to look for in a radio.

RetChf

Thank you! I really appreciate the insight. I was ready to buy the BCD996P2 but glad I asked here first. I'll hunt for a Unication or SDS.

epersson

Feed Provider
Thank you! I really appreciate the insight. I was ready to buy the BCD996P2 but glad I asked here first. I'll hunt for a Unication or SDS.
Knowing you want your own, and I get it, until you do get one the Broward P25 and also just Pompano (LHP and LBTS) and all on Broadcastify. These are using the original P25rx. Looking at the BlueTail Tech forum the audio is even better on the newer models. I can't justify the upgrade at this point for a hobby.

Pompano Beach Fire/Rescue/BSO (East & West) Live Audio Feed (broadcastify.com)
Broward County Fire/Rescue Live Audio Feed (broadcastify.com)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I can't afford the Unication or the Uniden SDS200. Will the Uniden BCD996P2 receive Broward County's P2 system? That's more affordable for me right now.
If you're looking for something for just home, a 30 dollar sdr dongle and the right software will achieve some really good results.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
And here is Trunking Recorder displaying and playing calls that are imported from Sdrtrunk and Unitrunker. I would share a link to my set up but my isp's router is a POS and has an issue with port forwarding. I really need to go down there and swap it out.

1674482127224.png

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Heres a demo of the SDR in operation - use unlock Code - browarddemo

What hardware and software are behind that Rdio feed? TNX!

We're using SDRtrunk on an underpowered laptop to receive the Broward P25 system and it can be putrid with lots of voice decode errors. The Rdio feed sounds solid.

I searched for Rdio some time back and Duck Duck Go would only return properly spelled "radio" hits. Very frustrating.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I searched for Rdio some time back and Duck Duck Go would only return properly spelled "radio" hits.

jasonk

Feed Provider
What hardware and software are behind that Rdio feed? TNX!

We're using SDRtrunk on an underpowered laptop to receive the Broward P25 system and it can be putrid with lots of voice decode errors. The Rdio feed sounds solid.

I searched for Rdio some time back and Duck Duck Go would only return properly spelled "radio" hits. Very frustrating.

Yes - using an I7 Quad Core PC , 8-16 GB Ram - Capturing with 6 Nooelec Dongles - Running Trunk Recorder on a Debian Build - uploading to both Trunk PLayer and RDIO Servers. We have also implemented a transcription process - so theaudio is also now sent to our Transcription process and spit out as text. We have Palm Beach, Broward , and Miami-Dade pretty much covered. The Miami City system is a doozie ... lots of patches for some reason and the Miami Beach and Hialeah systems are all inter connected.

RDIO is open source ... I see someone posted that link also.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Broward's system is designed to modern standards meaning they increase site density to enable better in-building performance. For public safety grade radios, this is normally not an issue. But inexpensive consumer grade receivers are not designed to receive slightly out of time signaling, and the result is garbled or blanked out reception. One strategy is to desensitize the receiver by attaching an out-of-band / detuned antenna - a Comet baby comes to mind. This *might* work by eliminating some out-of-time signaling from more distant transmit sites, but the best solution has already been mentioned - buy a better-quality receiver designed to receive LSM simulcast systems. The Whistler radios are a bit more sensitive than others, which is a disadvantage when trying to receive LSM simulcast systems. But don't feel too bad: even public safety grade radios can suffer from "simulcast distortion" in certain areas, resulting in system operators changing transmit antenna heights, orientation, gains, etc.

RetChf

Thanks much for the info. That helps me understand. I did end up buying a used SDS100. It should arrive today. I'm eager to see how it works.

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
I’m looking for Wilton Manors police frequencies/groups, but only found Broward of FLL sites, does anybody know it?