Broadcastify app crashing on iPhone

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
One comment on this situation:

In order to sell apps in the Apple App Store you have to be an Apple developer. This means that you get access to the beta versions of IOS. The reason for this is to make sure your app stays current with new versions of the operating system. This is a condition of being a developer because Apple does not want to distribute defective apps. The explanation, "We're working on a fix" is disingenuous. It says we didn't do our job.
You are exactly right. We didn't do our job in this situatiuon. App development, underlying changes to OS changes, how apple handles advertising, etc, is an amazing challenge. But it's not an easy fix either. But I own it.

So, here's the fix.

We've pulled the free app from the store and no longer plan to develop or support it. The key component of the issue here is maintaining the advertising code and processes, along with underlying changes that Apple etc forces on developers. Sometimes it's not in the roadmap of a plan when you don't have a dedicated mobile app team.

So, the options are the Paid App that has no ads:

Or the easy to use mobile web interface at

Pezking

You are exactly right. We didn't do our job in this situatiuon. App development, underlying changes to OS changes, how apple handles advertising, etc, is an amazing challenge. But it's not an easy fix either. But I own it.

So, here's the fix.

We've pulled the free app from the store and no longer plan to develop or support it. The key component of the issue here is maintaining the advertising code and processes, along with underlying changes that Apple etc forces on developers. Sometimes it's not in the roadmap of a plan when you don't have a dedicated mobile app team.

So, the options are the Paid App that has no ads:

Or the easy to use mobile web interface at

Would it be possible to give a feed provider a perpetual copy of the Broadcastify app?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve been critical of some of the changes that have been done but I’ve been a user of the app pretty much from the beginning and have always thought it worked great considering it was never really a big priority. Hopefully it continues to play well with future iOS updates for quite a while and can still be used for many years.