Santa Monica Mountains Law Enforcement freqs?

109heavystatic

Premium Subscriber
I added a new Broadcastify feed to LA county... covering NPS, State Parks and MRCA. Can someone confirm the frequencies for MRCA? I think they use Fish and Game's VHF freq but I have conflicting information.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I added a new Broadcastify feed to LA county... covering NPS, State Parks and MRCA. Can someone confirm the frequencies for MRCA? I think they use Fish and Game's VHF freq but I have conflicting information.
In Valencia I hear them on 155.085 CTCSS 110.9
Sounds like a simplex channel though... mostly unit to unit.

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber

Peter_SD911

Scan Sexy
Premium Subscriber

What I would love to find is the frequency list for the tracking collars that are on the mountain lions.
Each tracked lion is on it's own VHF-Hi channel at very low power. If you live on the edge of the canyons you might hear that faint "beep-beep-beep".

At least the mountain lions are unencrypted.

Of course a real wildlife tracking reciever and proper yagi would be optimal...but if you have "P-24's" channel...and he wanders close to your location...your sdr or scanner might just hear it.

Scan Sexy!
(In memory of P-22)

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
... At least the mountain lions are unencrypted. ...

Now all we need is a mountain lion to English translation tool. :)

The NTIA file shows nationwide allocations to the Dept. of the Interior for 0.5-watt 1K00A1D "wildlife telemetry" on a range of lowband freqs 30.0500–30.2500 MHz, though highband would make more sense. This doc had some interesting info. There's probably state and local licensing to be found in the FCC database.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
What I would love to find is the frequency list for the tracking collars that are on the mountain lions.
Each tracked lion is on it's own VHF-Hi channel at very low power. If you live on the edge of the canyons you might hear that faint "beep-beep-beep".

At least the mountain lions are unencrypted.

Of course a real wildlife tracking reciever and proper yagi would be optimal...but if you have "P-24's" channel...and he wanders close to your location...your sdr or scanner might just hear it.

Scan Sexy!
(In memory of P-22)

There is a very good reason that a list of the wildlife collar/radio telemetry frequencies are not available. If the general public could easily obtain the frequencies those with malicious intentions could obtain them and harm the animal. There is a park superintendent's order in Yellowstone that does not allow monitoring of these frequencies by those not involved in the research. I don't know if other parks have similar orders. P-22 may have been killed and/or harassed if people could have "dialed him in."

firecrew22

MRCA Dispatch Is on frequency 155.1600 and pl tone 179.9 and MRCA 7 FIRE frequency is 155.0850 and pl tone 167.9

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Freq Out Freq InToneCallsignDescriptionCategoryAgency/CountyState
155.160179.9 PLWPYQ982Malibu Mountain Rescue Team / EOCMalibu
Cities
Los AngelesCA
155.160150.790179.9 PLWPKT343Rangers "Park Net" - San Vincente PeakMountains Recreation and
Conservation Authority (MRCA)
Other
Los AngelesCA
Two entities, same frequency, same PL?

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
MRCA DISPATCHES on the Same Freq as Fish and Game... The SCV Local and San Vicente Machines are local repeaters for units deployed in those areas, but main Disp will be heard on the same as FNG Disp

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
Freq OutFreq InToneCallsignDescriptionCategoryAgency/CountyState
155.160179.9 PLWPYQ982Malibu Mountain Rescue Team / EOCMalibu
Cities
Los AngelesCA
155.160150.790179.9 PLWPKT343Rangers "Park Net" - San Vincente PeakMountains Recreation and
Conservation Authority (MRCA)
Other
Los AngelesCA
Two entities, same frequency, same PL?
155.160 is also known as "VSAR16" with PL127.3 per eNIFOG and CA iFOG (interoperability channel).