BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Can someone talk me through how to program a Uniden BCD996P2?

Hello Everyone,
Is there someone who can talk me through programing a Uniden BCD996P2?. The manual is very hard fro me to reed so I would be very greatful if someone could talk me through it. I hope to hear from someone soon.

John

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,
Is there someone who can talk me through programing a Uniden BCD996P2?. The manual is very hard fro me to reed so I would be very greatful if someone could talk me through it. I hope to hear from someone soon.
It is far faster and easier to use programming software. I use Butel ARC-XT Basic for my BCD996P2. You can also use ProScan. Both have a free trial period for you to decide which one you like better. You can also use FreeSCAN which is free but doesn't support DMR or NXDN. I can supply a file for Marshall and Ohio Counties for you to program your scanner. I have it done in ARC-XT but can convert it to FreeSCAN or ProScan. I am attaching a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys with your scanner,

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 16

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Very hard if not impossible to "talk someone through" programming a scanner, particularly ones as advanced as what's on the market today. You'll need to take your time and learn the basics at your own pace. It'll be a learning curve if you have little to no experience with a DMA-based scanner. Plenty of resources & threads posted here on the forums asking questions about the scanner. You can also find videos on certain 996P2 topics on Youtube.

In addition to the easier to read manual provided in post #2, here's some more resources that are worth perusing:

Last edited:

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
You might consider hitting the report button at the bottom left of your screen and moving your request to the WV forum. Not that we won't try to help you all we can, but someone more local might be able to hook up with ya and get you going quicker and easier! But DO use a programming software.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,
Here is a FreeSCAN file to program your scanner. First, you will need to download and install FreeSCAN: Downloads - Sixspot Software
You will also need to install the driver for your scanner: Driver Install for the Uniden Bearcat | Scanner Master Instructions for using quick keys are in my previous post #3. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file (Marshall_Ohio WV.996) with FreeSCAN. Connect your computer to the scanner. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload Programming. Select Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN St Joseph (Site)
2. SIRN Ohio Co (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Marshall Misc
2. Marshall Fire
3. Marshall Sheriff
4. Marshall Police
5. Ohio Co Misc
6. Ohio Co Fire
7. Ohio Co Sheriff
8. Wheeling Fire
9. Wheeling Police
0. WV State Police

Attachments

• Marshall_Ohio WV FS.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Here is a FreeSCAN file to program your scanner. First, you will need to download and install FreeSCAN: Downloads - Sixspot Software
You will also need to install the driver for your scanner: Driver Install for the Uniden Bearcat | Scanner Master Instructions for using quick keys are in my previous post #3. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file (Marshall_Ohio WV.996) with FreeSCAN. Connect your computer to the scanner. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload Programming. Select Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN St Joseph (Site)
2. SIRN Ohio Co (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Marshall Misc
2. Marshall Fire
3. Marshall Sheriff
4. Marshall Police
5. Ohio Co Misc
6. Ohio Co Fire
7. Ohio Co Sheriff
8. Wheeling Fire
9. Wheeling Police
0. WV State Police
Driver download seems to be a dead link.

phask

Premium Subscriber

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN St Joseph (Site)
2. SIRN Ohio Co (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Marshall Misc
2. Marshall Fire
3. Marshall Sheriff
4. Marshall Police
5. Ohio Co Misc
6. Ohio Co Fire
7. Ohio Co Sheriff
8. Wheeling Fire
9. Wheeling Police
0. WV State Police

Offhand, isn't Wheeling PD & maybe Fire still Enc?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Offhand, isn't Wheeling PD & maybe Fire still Enc?
The database shows Wheeling PD Dispatch and all of Fire in the clear. I included only talkgroups not showing encrypted. I can only go by the info in the database since I am a little too far away to check for myself.

phask

Premium Subscriber
The database shows Wheeling PD Dispatch and all of Fire in the clear. I included only talkgroups not showing encrypted. I can only go by the info in the database since I am a little too far away to check for myself.

Agree after looking. Seem to remember they were heavy into Enc. I live an hour away and spend little time there anymore. Way back when either LOw or VHF I could receive from my QTH at times.

Bob1955

Hello Everyone,

John
John- Contact Dan Bowman from The Uniden Bearcat Scanner Club on Facebook and he's very helpful. He'll get you up and running.