Selwyn Fire

smithmarkg

Premium Subscriber
Peterborough Fire has recently gone to DMR but I have noticed Selwyn Fire is now no longer analog. Does anyone have any updates?

Jradioptbo

Sewlyn Fire 164.235 DMR Slot 1 CC 15
Caught a transmission tonight. Good signal.

As far as the other township fire dept's in Peterborough County.

Cavan Monoghan is still analog as of this point 155.535 pl 123
OSM and Douro I will monitor and post accordingly
Trent Lakes is 169.545 DMR Slot 1 CC 15 TG100

smithmarkg

Premium Subscriber
I caught the same. I have send in the request to have it updated in the database.

mciupa

Did you guys notice the TG # for Selwyn? I've put an * as a place marker for the talkgroup.

Thanks!

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
Looks like an individual town or township or region decision to go DMR rather then a county build out Northumberland County has assumed all radio licenses for across the whole county for all public works and fire using existing frequencies for a new DMR system.

Jradioptbo

Peterborough, but I hear them as far away as Havelock on Highway 7, which is north of you.
There is not a whole lot of activity on it. It may be hours until you hear something, if at all for that day.
When cottage country starts opening up here in the Kawartha's soon, you will hear much more activity with water rescues on the various lakes boats, unattended fires.

They have a few repeaters around the township, but audio is pretty good for DMR.

Peterborough County is switching all remaining townships that are analog to DMR. Its a slow process, but it's happening.