Any progress on fixing the mobile experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I’ve posted about this before, but I’m still getting an insanely unstable posting experience on mobile. The cursor jumps around when I try to double line break, sometimes deleting whatever I wrote at whatever location I previously placed the cursor. Things get capitalized just by backspacing etc. I would suspect that it’s simply my device or browser, but another popular radio forum that uses the same forum software (though I suspect a different version) allows for flawless editing and posting, so I don’t think it’s me… others on RR report a similar experience and it’s driving me insane.

Thanks for reading.

-B

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I’ve posted about this before, but I’m still getting an insanely unstable posting experience on mobile. The cursor jumps around when I try to double line break, sometimes deleting whatever I wrote at whatever location I previously placed the cursor. Things get capitalized just by backspacing etc. I would suspect that it’s simply my device or browser, but another popular radio forum that uses the same forum software (though I suspect a different version) allows for flawless editing and posting, so I don’t think it’s me… others on RR report a similar experience and it’s driving me insane.

Thanks for reading.

-B
-
Not seeing any of those issues here with a wide variety (and several generations) of mobile devices ( iOS, Android, phones, tablets etc. ) since the Xenforo software went online several years back. What particular mobile device/OS are you having issues with?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
-
Not seeing any of those issues here with a wide variety (and several generations) of mobile devices ( iOS, Android, phones, tablets etc. ) since the Xenforo software went online several years back. What particular mobile device/OS are you having issues with?

Can’t speak for the OP, but I have what I’d call the exact same issues using Chrome on iOS.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
-
An iPad and two different iPhones. Browser doesn’t matter, I’ve tried several. Like I said, if I had problems with other forums, I wouldn’t post here, but it’s just RR…

-B

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have a recent Android phone that I was forced to go to T-Mobile from Sprint which is a tremendous step down in quality. I don't even use 5G as it is so bad, I backed down to 4G LTE with better, faster service. Guys in the store admit major problems but it's being fixed that week. That was about 3 months ago.

I found out on the weekend, after a major update from T-Mobile that I can no longer post on radio reference using Samsung internet, I had one post that was humongous and needed to be deleted by a moderator who I don't think understood it wasn't my intention to do so.

If I want to post now I have to use Chrome which is a inferior browsing experience so I'm basically bouncing back and forth between the two browser's.

Just thought I'd add my two cents. If this post doesn't look right or has problems, it's not my fault. It's starting to get wonky even on Chrome.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Ya… the other XenForo based forum has none of these issues on the same devices. Is there an update that’s available or it could easily be the version of some subsystem that differs by host…

-B

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I've experienced the "jumpy cursor" in Opera on Android. Seems to be relatively recent as far I can recall.
Yes a jumpy cursor is the best way to describe it and I think that's how I ended up with an extraordinarily long post that only had a paragraph or two.

This has been since the weekend.

Right now I'm just trying to get used to bouncing back and forth between the two browsers, Samsung I use to browse and chrome I use to post. This is only on radio reference.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I've experienced it, too. It seems to be an issue on the RR forums only (not that I'm on every forum on the web but of the ones I do frequent...). Hopefully RR can get it corrected/updated/whatever they need to do to clear it up.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It’s just weird that it doesn’t happen on the other Xenforo forum I frequent. That’s why I was wondering if there was an update or something!

Thanks for posting this!!

-B

And it doesn’t explain it happening on my iPhone using Chrome.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It would appear to be an issue with the editor on *any* platform.

"There have been a number of changes including one in version 4.0.14 that renders iOS to all intents and purposes, unusable."

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It would appear to be an issue with the editor on *any* platform.

"There have been a number of changes including one in version 4.0.14 that renders iOS to all intents and purposes, unusable

My Android phone is not working correctly on Samsung internet but I am able to get through on Chrome?

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
My Android phone is not working correctly on Samsung internet but I am able to get through on Chrome?
I think you have multiple issues going on. “Getting through” sounds much different to me than what everyone else is describing. For instance, I’m typing from safari on on an iPhone SE and it always “gets through”, but the cursor jumps around, backspacing causes the next character to be capitalized, line breaking isn’t reliable and causes the next character after a double line break to not be automatically capitalized… but I still manage to get a simple post out without issue. You have something else afoot in addition to the editor itself.

I still don’t understand why out of all the Zenforo forums I use, it’s just this one…

-B

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I think you have multiple issues going on. “Getting through” sounds much different to me than what everyone else is describing. For instance, I’m typing from safari on on an iPhone SE and it always “gets through”, but the cursor jumps around, backspacing causes the next character to be capitalized, line breaking isn’t reliable and causes the next character after a double line break to not be automatically capitalized… but I still manage to get a simple post out without issue. You have something else afoot in addition to the editor itself.

I still don’t understand why out of all the Zenforo forums I use, it’s just this one…

-B
When I sign in with Samsung internet which is my default, the cursor keeps bouncing around, the posts are disjointed and often have large spaces between paragraphs or sentences resulting in a mile long post.

It doesn't happen when I sign in with chrome.

It also only happens on RR. Shrugs.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Test post using Safari.

Test post using Edge.

Test post using Chrome.

Another test with bb code off.

Status
Not open for further replies.