TTD msg size limit

swm239

Premium Subscriber
Hello, using TTD and last week received a new phone with first net. Have been getting mms text messages returned to users of AT & T and first net. Other carriers have been / are working fine. Have been looking through the settings and can't seem to find any area that allows for changes to size. The returned msgs saying unable to receive as it exceeds the size limit. As it is a scripted msg the size can not be adjusted, trying to find a way to expand the size limit for those that have AT & T or firstnet phones . If specific to that type of phone not able to find the correct settings area to change. Or is there a way to change the size of outgoing msgs. Was also looking at the config file of TTD but unsure on what to change. Thank you

cpg178

I found over time that ATT would not play well with TTD, I would constantly have messages come in delayed or not at all, come to find out that ATT would block my email thinking it was spam, so every 3 months of so I would have to sit on with support and have them whitelist it.

I transitioned to using the app Pushover, and using a script to upload the recording audio file to a webserver. I now get the audio alert quicker than an MMS ever did and it comes through every time, only downside was it required a bit of a extra work and pushover costs a $5 one time fee.

But to your original question, I am not sure what your message contains but I never had an size issue that you are describing.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello, using TTD and last week received a new phone with first net. Have been getting mms text messages returned to users of AT & T and first net. Other carriers have been / are working fine. Have been looking through the settings and can't seem to find any area that allows for changes to size. The returned msgs saying unable to receive as it exceeds the size limit. As it is a scripted msg the size can not be adjusted, trying to find a way to expand the size limit for those that have AT & T or firstnet phones . If specific to that type of phone not able to find the correct settings area to change. Or is there a way to change the size of outgoing msgs. Was also looking at the config file of TTD but unsure on what to change. Thank you
Make sure that TTD is sending mp3 or AMR files to the phones, not the uncompressed WAV files, which are much larger. If it's sending WAV files, then ffmpeg isn't installed correctly in the TTD directory.