Chinese reconnaissance balloon spotted over the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Is there away to watch military naval ships like we watch military aircraft on ADS-B?

prcguy

I'm watching an ADSB app and there is a lone KC35R circling off the coast south of Charlston with no other mil aircraft in sight, they all went away or they turned off their transponders. Since the NOTAM expires real soon you think if they were going to bring it down it would need to happen about now.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I'm watching an ADSB app and there is a lone KC35R circling off the coast south of Charlston with no other mil aircraft in sight, they all went away or they turned off their transponders. Since the NOTAM expires real soon you think if they were going to bring it down it would need to happen about now.
I see the same

prcguy

There is no transponder on the balloon and it is strange the only visible mil ADSB in the area was a refueling tanker. Could be something was fired from further away or the mil aircraft had their transponder turned off. There is a Naval weapons station in Charleston and there could have been Navy vessels in the area capable of taking the balloon out.

How come we did not see anything on ADS?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
There is no transponder on the balloon and it is strange the only visible mil ADSB in the area was a refueling tanker. Could be something was fired from further away or the mil aircraft had their transponder turned off.

There were Barnes F-15s in the area (Eagle 1 and 2) and tracking until about 15-30 minutes before
Screenshot 2023-02-04 12.56.12.png

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Is there away to watch military naval ships like we watch military aircraft on ADS-B?

Sort of. MarineTraffic.com

There's an amphibious assault ship in the area. Would be a perfect platform for recovering the debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.