DPD Traffic Channel

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard a lot of traffic on the Dallas police traffic channel. I haven’t heard anything and just curious what kind of traffic is carried on that channel

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard a lot of traffic on the Dallas police traffic channel. I haven’t heard anything and just curious what kind of traffic is carried on that channel
I have not picked up any activity. I have one scanner dedicated to logging the new talkgroups. The only Dallas PD related activity, other than a random 'radio check', has been 31011, Central Patrol Dispatch. While there's been quite a few hits, they've also been along the line of radio checks.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I have not picked up any activity. I have one scanner dedicated to logging the new talkgroups. The only Dallas PD related activity, other than a random 'radio check', has been 31011, Central Patrol Dispatch. While there's been quite a few hits, they've also been along the line of radio checks.
Heard some chatter on DPD Central Patrol Dispatch on Thursday evening. Sounded like either officers talking to each other or dispatchers talking to each other. Could've been training on use of the new system.

Also have seen several hits on DPD Central Secure A/B talkgroups with the radio's home talkgroup showing as NTIRN Law IO Call (5495).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
460.025465.025KKB364RM173.8 PLDal PD9 TrafTraffic / ANI DispatchFMNLaw Dispatch
Currently, they are using it, with accident investigators, among others, on this frequency. Years ago, there was always several accident investigators (AI's), as well as some DWI enforcement elements, using this channel. As the department became ever more strapped for sufficient manpower, that faded away, to the point that, at times, there have been zero AI's on duty, particularly for evening and overnight shifts,

Of late, usage on this frequency, with AI's (among other units) has increased. It's still not as active as it once was, but at least right now, it's not dead air.