New Braunfels Fire

NBTX_ok

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this and hope this question doesn’t violate guidelines. I have searched on websites and still have no answer as to what the New Braunfels Fire Department’s radio frequency is or if they do not have one at least how to access it. I do not have very much equipment and am willing to learn.

dough1213

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this and hope this question doesn’t violate guidelines. I have searched on websites and still have no answer as to what the New Braunfels Fire Department’s radio frequency is or if they do not have one at least how to access it. I do not have very much equipment and am willing to learn.
New Braunfels fire and police are on the LCRA P25 system, which can be found and explained by searching in the Texas Radio Reference database under Comal County. Hope that gets you started.

NBTX_ok

Premium Subscriber
New Braunfels fire and police are on the LCRA P25 system, which can be found and explained by searching in the Texas Radio Reference database under Comal County. Hope that gets you started.
What radio do you need to access those frequencies or channel?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
To just listen to NBFD any digital scanner capable of Phase 1 P25 reception will do AT THIS MOMENT. I would advise saving up and going with an SDS100 or 200 however due to your location and the fact that Comal County is soon rolling out a simulcast P25 system countywide and nearby San Antonio and Bexar Co are almost done transitioning to a simulcast P25 Phase 2 radio system.

NBTX_ok

Premium Subscriber
To just listen to NBFD any digital scanner capable of Phase 1 P25 reception will do AT THIS MOMENT. I would advise saving up and going with an SDS100 or 200 however due to your location and the fact that Comal County is soon rolling out a simulcast P25 system countywide and nearby San Antonio and Bexar Co are almost done transitioning to a simulcast P25 Phase 2 radio system.
Thank you for the info!