Stridsberg Engineering

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been doing business with Stridsberg Engineering for decades. A couple of years the owner stopped responding to emails and I believe his son started responding. Since then things seems to have slowed down considerably. I stopped getting response to emails, deliveries started to take longer. When I place order with them they stopped sending tracking information and shipment notices. I recently placed an order for a FM Notch filter that took about three weeks to receive that was supposed to be in stock. I currently have an open order with them for a 2-Port Passive Multi-coupler and a Preamplifier. I placed the order on March 8th and I did receive an acknowledgment stating I would receive a tracking number in 5-7 days! I used to receive the items in 2-3 days. Now it's been 10 days and still no tracking number, let along my items. I also send an email that they combine my items in one shipment to save on shipping as they are very small and light. They'be been overcharging at $17.00+ to ship each little item which is excessive. Again I received no response from them on the tracking number, the consolidated shipping, or the items, nothing.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Stridsberg? This is unlike them as they've always been excellent. I'm concerned something happened to the owner and possibly his son is having difficulty keeping up. I hope everything is ok with them.

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

Very similar experience. I ordered a multicoupler and paid for 2 day shipping. This was early FEB. Money left my account right away. About 10 days later, no shipment, no tracking. Made a phone call and was greeted by a very nice guy on the phone who said "oh its right here, it will go out soon and tracking info will be sent". I'm a pretty patient person when it comes to these types of things so I waited probably almost 2 weeks and called again. Got what sounded like the same nice guy on the phone with pretty much the exact same line "its right here, its getting sent out now". I was going to hang up but politely explained that I had heard the exact same thing 2 weeks ago and just wanted to make sure that was indeed the case. He assured me it was and I believe it was the next day the tracking info was emailed to me and the day after that, it finally showed up.

Its tough running a business with all the pressures put on by various factors, enough said on that.

I do hope everything is ok.

Just wanted to give another data point

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I've been doing business with Stridsberg Engineering for decades. A couple of years the owner stopped responding to emails and I believe his son started responding. Since then things seems to have slowed down considerably. I stopped getting response to emails, deliveries started to take longer. When I place order with them they stopped sending tracking information and shipment notices. I recently placed an order for a FM Notch filter that took about three weeks to receive that was supposed to be in stock. I currently have an open order with them for a 2-Port Passive Multi-coupler and a Preamplifier. I placed the order on March 8th and I did receive an acknowledgment stating I would receive a tracking number in 5-7 days! I used to receive the items in 2-3 days. Now it's been 10 days and still no tracking number, let along my items. I also send an email that they combine my items in one shipment to save on shipping as they are very small and light. They'be been overcharging at $17.00+ to ship each little item which is excessive. Again I received no response from them on the tracking number, the consolidated shipping, or the items, nothing.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Stridsberg? This is unlike them as they've always been excellent. I'm concerned something happened to the owner and possibly his son is having difficulty keeping up. I hope everything is ok with them.

I did some tracing on what I believe to be the owner. If correct, he is reported as being 78.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a multicoupler on 1/3/23, and it shipped on 1/5/23. So no issue here.

Perhaps the overall shortage of components is putting a crimp on them.

Although I wish shipping were included in cost of an already pricey product, it does include handling not just courier costs. They have to pay for the box, packing peanuts, and time for someone to put goods in the shipping box.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I ordered a multicoupler on 1/3/23, and it shipped on 1/5/23. So no issue here.

Perhaps the overall shortage of components is putting a crimp on them.

Although I wish shipping were included in cost of an already pricey product, it does include handling not just courier costs. They have to pay for the box, packing peanuts, and time for someone to put goods in the shipping box.

If it was a component problem the delays would be much greater. The boxes I've received in the past for these kind of items are very small, typically about 4"X3"X2" and contain about a dozen packing peanuts. US Priority Mail shouldn't be more than about $7-$8.

I still have not received any response at all. I've filed a claim with PayPal for a full refund, however I noted in the claim that if they can still deliver in a reasonable amount of time, I'd still like the items and will drop the claim and refund request. The ball is in their court.

haimgil

I was trying to reach them for by their email stridsberg@bellsouth.net for the past 2 months.
No one responded.

I do know that the owner and founder John Stridsberg have passed away last year and his son Morgan took control of business.
What happened since than - i have no idea.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Good news! I received an email from Stridsberg Engineering this morning and all my problems have been resolved 100% to my satisfaction. My items are shipping today and they also reduced my shipping cost by consolidating items into one box/shipment. In addition to that they corrected a mistake I made in my order without complaining, with no extra charge or delay. So the delay actually worked in my favor! They apologized for the delay as well!:)

(y)

Last edited:

DannyM86

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a multicoupler on 3/16/23, haven't heard anything. I have had nothing but good encounters with this company in the past. I will give it some more time.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Update: I received my order complete today, and the preamp, passive two-way antenna splitter, and FM Notch filter is all hooked up and feeding two BCD996P2 scanners. All is working great, the air-bands have come alive!

The previous owner's son, Morgan sent me a personal email and apologized for the delay. He said they are currently dealing with a health problem with another member of the family. They are doing all they can at this time to take care of them as well as their customers. He thanked me for understanding.

The late John Stridsberg did a great job over the years supplying us with devices to improve our monitoring capabilities and performance. I once spoke with John and he was very helpful and a wonderful person. I hope all of us support Morgan in taking over and running the business. He has big shoes to fill and I wish him well!

Thank you Morgan
R.I.P. John Stridsberg

Sincerely,
Bill C.

palmerjrusa

Update: I received my order complete today, and the preamp, passive two-way antenna splitter, and FM Notch filter is all hooked up and feeding two BCD996P2 scanners. All is working great, the air-bands have come alive!

The previous owner's son, Morgan sent me a personal email and apologized for the delay. He said they are currently dealing with a health problem with another member of the family. They are doing all they can at this time to take care of them as well as their customers. He thanked me for understanding.

The late John Stridsberg did a great job over the years supplying us with devices to improve our monitoring capabilities and performance. I once spoke with John and he was very helpful and a wonderful person. I hope all of us support Morgan in taking over and running the business. He has big shoes to fill and I wish him well!

Thank you Morgan
R.I.P. John Stridsberg

Sincerely,
Bill C.

Good to hear.

I'm in the market to buy one of their multicoupliers shortly, maybe two.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a multicoupler and paid for 2 day shipping. This was early FEB. Money left my account right away. About 10 days later, no shipment, no tracking. Made a phone call and was greeted by a very nice guy on the phone who said "oh its right here, it will go out soon and tracking info will be sent".
Right there I would have demanded the 2 day shipping be refunded.
I waited probably almost 2 weeks and called again. Got what sounded like the same nice guy on the phone with pretty much the exact same line "its right here, its getting sent out now".
And right there, I would have demanded all shipping be refunded and be overnighted at their expense.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Right there I would have demanded the 2 day shipping be refunded.
Generally speaking, the shipping terms state that's the amount of time after the item ships, not the time from order to receiving it. I've seen that on various sites, but this may be different. It's important to understand the terms you agree to when placing an order.

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue. I ordered a multi-coupler on April-22. Sent an email on May-02 and haven't heard anything. No email receipt. Nothing but a PayPal receipt. I'm not in a rush to get it, but I would like some assurance it'll come at some point. Hopefully, they're doing okay.

marine61301

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue. I ordered a multi-coupler on April-22. Sent an email on May-02 and haven't heard anything. No email receipt. Nothing but a PayPal receipt. I'm not in a rush to get it, but I would like some assurance it'll come at some point. Hopefully, they're doing okay.
I finally had to file a dispute with PayPal after 3 weeks and no reply email or return phone call. The next day I get replies to both emails and that my shipment would be going out on Monday. It shipped and I’m happy with the product but their customer service has room to improve. It sounds like he’s swamped.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry to hear that, also to hear that they may be still having difficulty handling things. I don't know if they're actually involved in the manufacturing part of the business or if it's just paper work, packaging and shipping overhead. I hope we here on RR continue to show empathy and compassion and be patient while their family heals from all that's been going on.

Br_e_t_t

I ordered from them early April, sent 3 emails and no reply yet. I am in Australia so I am hoping they still send international, with the conversion rate it has cost a bit. I am going to wait another week and see if anything arrives.