New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

elias1988

Feed Provider
No longer getting a CC here with Bordentown so change has been made. I’ll do some searching later today.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity then. On my BCD436HP portable I have Bordentown, Berlin, & Hammonton. Now if I drive down to LBI would I still be picking up Troop C ok?
How about driving down to Seaside?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity then. On my BCD436HP portable I have Bordentown, Berlin, & Hammonton. Now if I drive down to LBI would I still be picking up Troop C ok?
How about driving down to Seaside?
If Toms River and bass river are now site 56 then I would guess those will be covering LBI and Seaside. My guess is it'll definitely carry Red Lion/Tuckerton, Hamilton, Buena, Marine, GSP and some random other TGs.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
If Toms River and bass river are now site 56 then I would guess those will be covering LBI and Seaside. My guess is it'll definitely carry Red Lion/Tuckerton, Hamilton, Buena, Marine, GSP and some random other TGs.
Can receive Site 56 from Berlin on my SDS100. Reception just good enough. I'm getting GSP 1 comm, RWJ South, HMH Shore Units and I'll try C-3 Red Lion/Tuckerton later today.
Update: confirming Site 56 does carry C-3 Red Lion/Tuckerton

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
For the record the Bordentown simulcast has definitely lost some signal to the southwest. Here at my quarters I can no longer receive it in most places I used to. And yesterday going up 206 to Red Lion circle and Tabernacle it was weaker than normal.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
For the record the Bordentown simulcast has definitely lost some signal to the southwest. Here at my quarters I can no longer receive it in most places I used to. And yesterday going up 206 to Red Lion circle and Tabernacle it was weaker than normal.

Probably due to the Toms River site being re-allocated to the new Bass River site maybe? I noticed this too driving east on RT70 from Medford area to Belmar this past weekend. In the past the Bordentown site would carry me all the way into Brick Twp., then I'd switch to the Wall site. Now it will be Bass River simulcast site in that area of my travels I suppose.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Bedminster (NJDOT maint yard) is also moving to Bridgewater (east of Pluckemin, west of Liberty Corner, north of I78 and south of Old Stage Coach Road). Its only moving 1.23 miles ESE from its current location

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Bedminster (NJDOT maint yard) is also moving to Bridgewater (east of Pluckemin, west of Liberty Corner, north of I78 and south of Old Stage Coach Road). Its only moving 1.23 miles ESE from its current location
I've had Site 60 (Pluckemin) located at that site for years. Was it never actually there?

1679358161448.png

rr60

Premium Subscriber
My observations of the Bedminster DOT yard led me to believe present site was on the red and white monopole just behind the salt shed. Only about 60’ AGL. The new location will certainly be an improvement. Perhaps the all ICS 800 MHZ freqs make sense as Somerset Site 4 (700) appears to be co-located.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Plenty of examples of co-located systems within the same band, not an issue under normal circumstances.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Provided the proper intermod studies are done, you can mix and match on a tower. I dont have a date yet when the Pluckemin site will actually move to Bridgewater. 1 mile away wont make much of a difference in the licensing of the frequencies but the height surely will provide better coverage.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Provided the proper intermod studies are done, you can mix and match on a tower. I dont have a date yet when the Pluckemin site will actually move to Bridgewater. 1 mile away wont make much of a difference in the licensing of the frequencies but the height surely will provide better coverage. Here is the list to be moved
1679364094952.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Those are some ugly emission designators. I'm surprised they're licensing them like that instead of the proper P25 emissions. Yuck.

lynchy135

Feed Provider
I've had Site 60 (Pluckemin) located at that site for years. Was it never actually there?
I happen to be driving today. Sitting in the jughandle by the maintenance yard in Bedminster (roughly 400 ft from the pole in the yard) my SDS reads -98dB with no antenna. As close as I could get to the Old Stage Coach site (Coriell Dr, quarter mile from the tower, direct line of site), I got -83dB with no antenna.

As mentioned before, this was less than a mile and a half drive, so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

motti1219

How do I assign a talkgroup to a trunking system site on the ws 1080?

In this case the talkgroup would be NJICS.

Just want to make sure I did this properly as I am still not getting any p25 signal in the GSP troop D