Lakewood, Toms River Fire, Hatzolah EMS Lakewood and Brick Twp Fire

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
How far do the above companies get out to the Southwest on radio? Looking to see if these are worth programming in my SDS100 and G3 devices in southeast Camden County. I get good propagation from Monmouth and Ocean Counties on their respective 700mhz P25 systems. I know atmospheric Ducting can help too at night.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. I wonder how far west those go. Guess I'll have to see some day. I know Manchester P25 is pretty week. I had it on my SDS100 one day and pretty much the minute I crossed back into Burlington County along Rt 70 Manchester went out.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
You might get TRFD, they are VHF putting out good power and they have a little height. I can get them something in Southern Bergen County with a CDM1250 with an outdoor antenna about 145 /150 feet above sea level. And I get OC fire/EMS dispatch on their UHF channel at the same location using an XLT2500 with a yagi facing that way at about 120 feet above sea-level. I'd say give it a try, the SDS is easy to program.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just an update, so far I have only copied Toms River EMS at night using the SDS100 and it was barely readable from my location in Berlin. But I also recently acquired a Unication G3 UHF-D and regularly pick up TREMS, Hatzalah EMS at night and it was scratchy but copyable from the same location as the SDS. Occasionally Brick FD will come in but very weak. Nothing out of Lakewood Fire or EMS but I understand those only propagate to just around the township line.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Can someone confirm what Hatzalah in Toms River on Rt 9 gets dispatched on? FREQ / Tone or CC - Thanks in advance. - Tony

RWJ-AIR-1

Can someone confirm what Hatzalah in Toms River on Rt 9 gets dispatched on? FREQ / Tone or CC - Thanks in advance. - Tony
hatzolah central jersey which is Lakewood, toms river, Jackson, Howell, Manchester and freehold is dispatched on 463.062 it doesn't go by county