What program should I use to decode the following taklgroups?

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I'll let it run awhile and see if I ever get any voice activity. When I look at the DSD+ IR Event Log. Very little activity. Some but not much> Hard to troubleshoot with such an inactive site.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When you can, take notes of the channel numbers and we can set up your frequencies file. Just need each channel number with each freq like this.

1679257444985.png

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I think I'm going to restart everything and only have 2 dongles plugged in this time and start a fresh sampling of the site.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to take a break from it Dave, Not streaming data anymore for some reason. Must not be on control channel. It would help if radioreference actually identified the CC but they don't, Thanks for your help today.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Go one dongle and run 1r.bat, then back to the dsd folder and run FMP24cc. bat, should work from there. On the spectrum window click on it and enter the cc frequency and enjoy, Forget about virtual cable and such and do not start SDR programs.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a FastLane install thats fresh without any data in the freqs, sites or networks files. As soon as I land on a NXDN control channel it populates with its channel number and then as there is voice on each channel, those channel numbers populate as well. Kinda strange you had it running a while and the cc did not even opulate a channel number.

1679262751211.png

I do still see your gain way to high and the BW still at 7.6. Definitely should bring the gain down some and change the bandwidth to 4.

When you get it running again, can you see if NXDN is checked in decoder tab?

1679262955575.png

Last edited:

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Go one dongle and run 1r.bat, then back to the dsd folder and run FMP24cc. bat, should work from there. On the spectrum window click on it and enter the cc frequency and enjoy, Forget about virtual cable and such and do not start SDR programs.
I don't have an FMP24cc only FM24cc

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Trying it out again this morning. Adjusted BW to 4, GAIN to 7 or 8. Pretty sure channel 3 is CC 460.20625 and scrolling data nicely. Not sure why the DSD+ NEXEDGE48 IR Channel Activity window doesn't populate with the frequency but pretty sure ch 3 is cc 460.20625. Not much activity. no sound yet, will let it run and monitor for awhile.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 6

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am running single dongle mode using a fresh copy of fastlane. All I did was enter the control channel and it populated right way. Each voice channel populated with channel number each time it carried voice. There is some decent traffic on my system so of course it will be faster.

If you know how to use Windows Snip with the delay setting (to be able to access menus) and want to post your tabs, (input, output, decoder & control) that would be good. If not, compare my tabs to yours. This is what's working here for me.

1679321658745.png 1679321738915.png1679321799699.png

1679321877573.png

The last 2 tabs (window & misc) really don't matter as they dont have anything to do with decoding.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I am running single dongle mode using a fresh copy of fastlane. All I did was enter the control channel and it populated right way. Each voice channel populated with channel number each time it carried voice. There is some decent traffic on my system so of course it will be faster.

If you know how to use Windows Snip with the delay setting (to be able to access menus) and want to post your tabs, (input, output, decoder & control) that would be good. If not, compare my tabs to yours. This is what's working here for me.

View attachment 138482 View attachment 138483View attachment 138484

View attachment 138485

The last 2 tabs (window & misc) really don't matter as they dont have anything to do with decoding.
I have mine configured the same way except I did just now uncheck quite a few in the decoder section so that only NXDN4800, NXDN9600, NOISE FILTER AND SHAPING FILTER are checked.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
It would seem everything is working except no audio but could be because it's a volunteer fire dept with little traffic. Two towers on the 2 building locations. I'll let it run awhile and see.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
According to the RadioReference Site Frequency Table the Channel Frequency setup is:
CH 1453.16875

CH 2453.500

CH 3460.20625

CH 4460.29375

From what I can tell CC is CH 3 460.20625

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
On some of these Goup Calls of 10s, 6s 5s. I'm surprised I'm still not hearing any voice audio. The only thing I'm running is 1 dongle, ir.bat and FMP24.cc I am NOT running FMP24.vc

Attachments

• group calls.JPG
    group calls.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 13

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hey before I get started, the email said fiftyfirst DSD+ Fast Lane release (DSD+2.395) Download your update here. email also said:

As always, this update is bound to generate support questions,
but we will be unable to answer everyone if private emails are used.
Instead, please use the Radioreference forums so that all fast laners
benefit from the answers.

My first question before I download anything is this: email says it's an update. The latest update. Does that mean that I should already have the free version installed on my computer? Or is this update the full blown program?

Appreciate it
Hopefully they respond to private eMails... I have switched laptops and lost my DSD+ FastLane password so I am having to start fresh. I eMailed them in hopes they can get me started again once proving that I am a paying customer. I also remember DSD+ has a Groups.io forum but I lost that too. I just need the newest DSD+ version so I can get going again. I've been using Unitrunker V2.0 and while its nice, it doesn't have all of what DSD+ has with the information provided..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
2.28 (December 2019) was the last version that contained the password. So if you have any emailed updates up to 2.28, the password is in those.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I have nothing after that. It’s been quite a while since I’ve installed it, I’ve been using Unitrunker the last few years. But I would like to start using DSD+ again.