VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

Tobydog

July 2025 is the magic month per administrator. Supply chain issues may also have influence on date of change, hearing some orders extended delivery dates to organizations

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
July 2025 is the magic month per administrator. Supply chain issues may also have influence on date of change, hearing some orders extended delivery dates to organizations

Same way with Bunker Gear. We put in an order a month or 2 ago and the dealer is saying they're being told at least 12 months until delivery!

-- David

bilbo524

Jaded IT Guy
Hello VIPER gurus. I'm having trouble picking up the Fayetteville TWC site with my BCD536HP w/trusty RS800 from northern Robeson County. Is there any beamforming or something going on with these sites? I would think I'd be able to get it no problem. I can even receive from the Slocomb site, so I wouldn't think distance is an issue. I did realize that the Fayetteville TWC site is 700 vs the other sites in the area being 800. Does the RS800 suck on 700? Thanks!

georgew0819

Picking up lots of activity on 60677 off the Rowan Faith Mtn tower this morning. Several different radio unit ids on talkgroup. Sounds like this may be US Marshals Service since this TG falls between known USMS talkgroups. Submitted ticket to include it in db.

danceredt

Just looked at the new TG's today, It looks like they took and made 15 DPR TG's per region east , west & central. There were also changes to the LZ tg's there are now LZ East , West, Central and Piedmont with each having a TG 1 & 2 so LZ Piedmont 1 and LZ piedmont 2 and so on. I also noticed that the SW tg's go through tango now.
Wat hospitals or locals are attached to each LZ

Chris0516

Picking up lots of activity on 60677 off the Rowan Faith Mtn tower this morning. Several different radio unit ids on talkgroup. Sounds like this may be US Marshals Service since this TG falls between known USMS talkgroups. Submitted ticket to include it in db.
This makes me curious about something. While you mention that tower. Is there a list/page that says where each USMS location is corresponding to the VIPER TG?

drayd48

What ever came of this? Is there a plan in place to do this? When?
I believe this is taken out of context. There are statewide encryption keys made in all the accepted formats to support the Law Enforcement Only statewide channels. Read the document posted several posts above the one you replied to, it answers that question.

Tech21

I believe this is taken out of context. There are statewide encryption keys made in all the accepted formats to support the Law Enforcement Only statewide channels. Read the document posted several posts above the one you replied to, it answers that question.
Read? I don't get paid to read, I get paid to lead.