Suffolk Co P25 Patches

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick question about the patches between Suffolk’s P25 and EHampton’s P25 systems. From the DB I can see they are temporary the TGIDs start with the 65xxx series but how often are they changed? I noticed I had stopped hearing them on the EH system on my G4 and decided to investigate using monitor mode. Found the TGIDs had all changed and understanding they are temporary I just went ahead and updated to the new IDs. Still just wondering how often they change. Thanks 👍

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have not seen any kind of pattern between EH and Suff, or Suff and Nassau for that matter. I have no interest in the EH so any that do show up on Suff get locked out. I does seem that every once in a while after one changes, I have to lock out again.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I go the other way, I get better reception from SE CT listening on the EH system. I mostly listen to the PD command net since that’s where all the fun stuff is. The montauk site is active but only with Med patches to hospitals. Any ideas when the SC 700 site on that end of the island will be going active? Or when firecom will start using it for paging ?

k2hz

Database Admin
Can't say for sure about your system but on most the temporary TGIDS advance to next available number any time it is disturbed either by maintenance or console activity. They rotate through the 100 available numbers and then start over so it may be something entirely different when the number is reused.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
We’ll at least it was easy enough to find the new TGIDs and if I stop hearing it I’ll know what to do hahaha