HELP with Programming my wh1040 with PSREdit500

Ladybug329

Can somebody please help me with programing my scanner ??? I am so lost. i have a premium membership to RR and also downloaded the software to use to program. What do I do now ? I tried to import and when it asked for my RR email and password, it says my login isnt correct... but it is ! Please help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before anyone can give specific help, we need to know where you are and precisely what you are trying to hear. City, county and state is fine. Without that it's tough to help you, although there is this.... (and likely more on YouTube)

go to the PSREdi500 topic and download the PDF called 'Using PSREdit500'

Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Ladybug329

Before anyone can give specific help, we need to know where you are and precisely what you are trying to hear. City, county and state is fine. Without that it's tough to help you, although there is this.... (and likely more on YouTube)

go to the PSREdi500 topic and download the PDF called 'Using PSREdit500'

Mike
Thank you for that info Mike...I am still so lost. Its all so confusing. All i want is to listen to my area...which is madison county in Tx. I uploaded something from the website to the radio but still cant get it to find the madisonville freq.
🤪🤪😤😤

tvengr

Well Known Member
Can somebody please help me with programing my scanner ??? I am so lost. i have a premium membership to RR and also downloaded the software to use to program. What do I do now ? I tried to import and when it asked for my RR email and password, it says my login isnt correct... but it is ! Please help
What is your city and which agencies would you like to monitor?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that info Mike...I am still so lost. Its all so confusing. All i want is to listen to my area...which is madison county in Tx. I uploaded something from the website to the radio but still cant get it to find the madisonville freq.
🤪🤪😤😤
Madison County, as well as Madisonville, are on TxWARN P25.

TxWARN is capable of P25 Phase II, but so far, the talkgroups in your county are still Phase I, which the WS1040 can receive. Agencies using this system will at some point be required to move to Phase II, but that does not appear to be imminent, other than for those in the immediate Houston metro area.

Ladybug329

Madison County, as well as Madisonville, are on TxWARN P25.

TxWARN is capable of P25 Phase II, but so far, the talkgroups in your county are still Phase I, which the WS1040 can receive. Agencies using this system will at some point be required to move to Phase II, but that does not appear to be imminent, other than for those in the immediate Houston metro area.
I downloaded txwarn to my scanner from my PC but how do i scan only the madisonville ones only ?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this file a try. It is using only the Madisonville site. Scan lists 1-4 are talkgroups on the TxWARN trunked system. Scan lists 5-7 are conventional frequencies. Save the attached zipped ARC500 gr5 file to your computer and extract. Go to the Import tab in PSREdit500 and click on Convert data from an ARC500 Data file. Open the extracted gr5 file. Connect your scanner to your computer. Go to the Radio tab and click on Upload to Radio. Once file is in scanner, turn squelch fully counterclockwise. Slowly turn up squelch until the noise just disappears. Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. MadCo Interop
2. MadCo Emerg Ops
3. MadCo Fire/EMS
4. MadCo Law
5. MadCo Fire Conv
6. MadCo Law Conv
7. MadCo Misc Conv

Attachments

• Madison Co TX GR5.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

Ladybug329

Thank you sooooooooooo muuch ! It workd !!! So now I have one more question.... How do I scan certain ones from the scanlist ? I am so thankful you sent the file and explained exactly what I needed to do to get it to my scanner, when the download was complete,this is what showed on my screen.

top row G S....
05-0000 Conv p1D
au 151.000000
MC Fire/Ems VHF
DC:132

It doesnt switch to anything else. Do I need to go to my scanner book and see what I need to do to search ? Or cann you tell me ? :rolleyes:

Ladybug329

Give this file a try. It is using only the Madisonville site. Scan lists 1-4 are talkgroups on the TxWARN trunked system. Scan lists 5-7 are conventional frequencies. Save the attached zipped ARC500 gr5 file to your computer and extract. Go to the Import tab in PSREdit500 and click on Convert data from an ARC500 Data file. Open the extracted gr5 file. Connect your scanner to your computer. Go to the Radio tab and click on Upload to Radio. Once file is in scanner, turn squelch fully counterclockwise. Slowly turn up squelch until the noise just disappears. Scan lists as follows:

SCAN LISTS:
1. MadCo Interop
2. MadCo Emerg Ops
3. MadCo Fire/EMS
4. MadCo Law
5. MadCo Fire Conv
6. MadCo Law Conv
7. MadCo Misc Conv
I just now hit SCAN and I think it is scanning them.

Ladybug329

Please let me know if it works. You can toggle scan lists on and off by pressing the scan list number on the keypad.
Well its scanning and stopping on the sherriff dept and fire for madisonville and they bare the main ones...so im happy. :)
I will just have to read the book and learn how to toggle between them and all. Im just thankful to you for making it simple enough to get it all transferred. Now I just need to learn how to move around in it.

Jerrie :sneaky:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Selecting a scan list or scan lists is very simple. If you press 1 on the keypad, it will alternately turn scan list 1 on and off. If you see the scan list number on the display, it is on. If you do not see the number, it is off. That applies to all of the scan lists. Press 0 for scan list 10. I only have 7 scan lists (1-7) programmed. For scan lists 11-20, press FUNC and then a single digit number (1 thru 0). Press FUNC and then 0 for scan list 20. If you press the MAN button, you can use the left and right arrows to select scan lists. Use the up and down arrows to select talkgroups or conventional frequencies. Press SCAN to resume scanning.