Madison, Morris County New 700 System

magic_lantern

looks like about 6 channels on a trunked system that will require system specific equipment and continuous maintenance from about 7 conventional frequencies that can use any radio brand and only routine maintenance and repairs. I would have liked to see the snake oil used in that sale.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is the system on the air? No one has provided any details, no submissions, etc. If you have info please submit it so the system can be added to the database.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Same thing for Par-Troy
guess it’s “Par” for the course now a days, everyone wants interoperability but also wants their own bat and ball. Pway in middlesex county is going to upgrade their current 500 TRS to a 700 and add a tower instead of just jumping on the county TRS not to mention the multiple other towns in county with their own TRS

ansky

guess it’s “Par” for the course now a days, everyone wants interoperability but also wants their own bat and ball. Pway in middlesex county is going to upgrade their current 500 TRS to a 700 and add a tower instead of just jumping on the county TRS not to mention the multiple other towns in county with their own TRS

Are towns really asking for interoperability though? It seems like this is more of a topic that radio enthusiasts like to talk about because it would make sense, but in reality I don't think towns are really looking for this. If they were we would see more agencies using state and county systems.

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Are towns really asking for interoperability though? It seems like this is more of a topic that radio enthusiasts like to talk about because it would make sense, but in reality I don't think towns are really looking for this. If they were we would see more agencies using state and county systems.
Nothing in this state makes sense when it comes to communications. Nothing.

Coolant113

April 7th is the tentative date for the launch of this system. All talk groups were submitted to the DB, waiting for them to be posted. Also, conventional channel changes are as follows. With the exceptions of 471.225 and 474.100 all other UHF frequencies are being released back to the FCC. Three new Conventional P25 Channels were also added.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I was looking at their map and much like Parsipanny which I live pretty darn close to I do not receive their system. I guess they only need to cover what they need to cover. Madison does not have a lot of action but been listening to them for years.

Coolant113

I was looking at their map and much like Parsipanny which I live pretty darn close to I do not receive their system. I guess they only need to cover what they need to cover. Madison does not have a lot of action but been listening to them for years.
Thats surprising because during testing it covered well outside of Madison proper.

Coolant113

For those that monitor Madison, PD is currently operating on the Morris County system on Police 9 due to their UHF system suffering a failure. Unknown where FD is operating, but presumably county as well.