BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Memory closure came off

Chris0516

I was trying to upgrade my 436HP's memory from 4GB, to 32GB. Simple enough, except. I should have stopped when my arm started trembling(I have epilepsy). The memory door came off. How can I fix that?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I assume you are talking about the flimsy metal SD card holder?

It all depends on how badly you mudged it up.
I have had them come loose and I carefully looked at it, saw where it was bent and bent it back.
It is only metal, so unless you actually broke it, you should be able to bend it back....

RRMV....

Chris0516

I assume you are talking about the flimsy metal SD card holder?

It all depends on how badly you mudged it up.
I have had them come loose and I carefully looked at it, saw where it was bent and bent it back.
It is only metal, so unless you actually broke it, you should be able to bend it back....

RRMV....
Yes, That is what I am referring to. I don't think it is broken. But I should have just left it alone.:(

Chris0516

Fix the holder, (hopefully it is just bent), put the 32 in there and don't ever touch it again....
I put the 32GB SD Card in w/o the Holder and rechargeable batteries on top of it. Just to hold it in place. I will never mess w/ the SD Card...ever, ever, ever again. I need someone to take a look at the door. It sets' off my tremors, messing with the SD Holder.

Last edited:

nessnet

Premium Subscriber

Chris0516

Just a note:
The max for the radio is 32.
Get a good one - there are HD (heavy duty) ones.
The below link is just for reference.
Probably actually buy it on Amazon Prime.

https://www.oempcworld.com/are-high-endurance-micro-sd-cards-right-for-you/#:~:text=While standard flash card life,cards we carry at OEMPCWorld.

I use the 32 Sammys. Never had one fail in 100's of cams and many radios.
I made sure to only get (2)32GB MicroSDHC SD Cards. Because, I checked that out to make sure I got right size possible.

Reactions: wtp

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Here is a youtube video a showing how to repair.

It's quite strange that they use this type of fragile holder, I think the most common type(just insert the card and 'click') is better.
At the time of production, what's in the scanner was most likely Uniden's cheapest option. I mean how else could one justify using such a pos in a semi high end scanner.

Chris0516

Here is a youtube video a showing how to repair.

At the time of production, what's in the scanner was most likely Uniden's cheapest option. I mean how else could one justify using such a pos in a semi high end scanner.
While I extremely appreciate(and watched) the video. I can't do that. My eye-hand coordination, and fine-motor skills, for dealing with something small are abysmal(I didn't think so, at first).

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
While I extremely appreciate(and watched) the video. I can't do that. My eye-hand coordination, and fine-motor skills, for dealing with something small are abysmal(I didn't think so, at first).

This is an SD card dependent radio.
If the SD card isn't properly making contact, the radio won't run.
The fix is 100% needed for the radio to run.

Didn't someonme above volunteer to help?

Last edited:

freqseeker

If you have a local cell phone repair shop nearby they should be able to help you.
It does need to be secured or it will fail.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I said if I were close I would but it is a 700 mile drive one way for me to drive there.
I do lots of things for people for free but drive 1400 miles round trip is something I just can not do.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
@Chris0516 , I do know you physically cannot do this yourself. I sent the video in the event you come in contact with someone with the fine motor skill to do this. In reality, that can be anyone, even someone that knows nothing about scanners (a Jeweler, watch repair guy, locksmith etc). Just someone with steady hands and understands the concept of the video. .