JFRD

240Robert

Is Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department planning on becoming fully encrypted again? I noticed that on live feeds that the JFRD feed will stop broadcasting on 8/1/23.

squall8ball

Im going to do some research nad find out, if its fully encrypted, were screwed, if hes moving or something like that, ill try and capture it and broadcast it my slef.. no promises though due to i am quite a bit away from the towers.

pawsrock

Im going to do some research nad find out, if its fully encrypted, were screwed, if hes moving or something like that, ill try and capture it and broadcast it my slef.. no promises though due to i am quite a bit away from the towers.
Have you been able to find any information on this yet?

squall8ball

as far as i can tell, its not going to be encrypted anytime soon.. there were talks prior to the pandemic, but they since have stopped.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
they are also broadcasted on the broadcastify nodes and also the talkgroups which is live from scanner with no delay and it’s a whole separate thing then the feed

junior71

They were encrypted at first and after blow back they went back to being in the clear. I don’t see why they would go encrypted again.

Last edited:

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
NOBODY said they are going encrypted. This is one of those rumor mills where you tell somebody a fact and by the time it gets to the 10th person it is hopelessly mangled from how it started. Just scroll to the beginning of this thread and read it.

We are waiting on some concrete evidence of the current situation from somebody who can actually hear their transmissions directly on a receiver, not via some feed. Nothing yet.

c4181

Feed Provider
I don't know why the feed is going down but I currently provide the entire Duval County system that JFRD utilizes on Broadcastify Calls.

I think it provides a much better experience than what the feeds can provide but I'm happy to split everything off into a feed.

wsmoore

Database Admin
JFRD is reprogramming radios right now. They appear to be adding back a second enc special events tg and some tweaks to some of the clear tgs. But other than that the second enc special events and new enc hospital tgs all seems the same as usual. Will post change when more confident with fleetmap or my internet sources post.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Without pulling this off topic I really wish instead of stopping support for the app they would’ve updated it to incorporate the Calls into the app. But then again I much prefer the regular feeds to the Calls platform.

Back on topic. Sad to hear the feed may go down. I enjoy listening to it & have had it in my favorite list for a while. Sadly I’m 13-14 hours away so no chances I can pick it up to get a feed running again if/when this one goes silent.

Originaldash10

Feed Provider
Question to those that live in Jacksonville, how did they come to the decision to take down encryption from JFR? My city is fully encrypted at the moment and I’m trying to get them to do the same for this city’s fire department.

junior71

Question to those that live in Jacksonville, how did they come to the decision to take down encryption from JFR? My city is fully encrypted at the moment and I’m trying to get them to do the same for this city’s fire department.
That’s a good question however it was done, the methods need to be deployed to Pasco County.

MayportDrone

Has anyone been able to get in contact with the JFRD feed provider? Since it says going down 8/1. I am in Jacksonville and listen to this daily. I would be more than happy to take over. Just need info on how and what he is using. I am a newbie to this. I use this feed and a Uniden BCD436HP( When it will pick up audio). Like I said, I am willing to learn and get things going for the greater of everyone here!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Maybe moving your antenna a few inches either way might clear up any multipath distortion and allow it to come in unbroken? You should experiment with different things, maybe you can make it right.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
What is your setup? I am trying to get into it. I currently have a BCD426HP and I can barely hear JFRD at all. It sucks. I live in Jacksonville/Arlington.
This sounds counterintuitive, but try without an antenna, try with a paper clip as your antenna, try with a stubby or standard rubber duck antenna (NOT an 800mhz), or try attenuation. With the 436, you want to hear the closest and ONLY the closest tower, since it doesn't deal with simulcast distortion very well.