Morris County 700 MHz Simulcast Discussion

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I am in Livingston and the map on RR shows this system should reach. I took it from the DB, I do believe I once was getting PD4 as they were the first to move, but I am not seeing a signal on this system at all now. Anyone around this area receiving them?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
does anyone know the actual usage of this channel :
289477113TPolice CountyPolice County
The Radio System Transition Guides PDF files have been posted on Morris's website for quite some time, and each one provides details about the 700 cell and new talkgroup nomenclature.

tvengr

Well Known Member
tried to update my SDS200 on the 700. Can't get the 700 simulcast to migrate over to my favorite list on Sentinel. Has anyone had a problem with this?
Here is a favorites list file with just the 700 MHz site and talkgroups. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it Morris Co NJ Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file (Morris Co NJ.hpe). It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel.

Attachments

• Morris Co NJ Fav.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 23

strk3seeya

Premium Subscriber
How do medic units in Morris County consult with hospital ER's? Thanks!
With our cell phone. We call the ER Doc on our phone for orders etc. But with the new legislation that was passed we won't need to call on every patient and will be able to use protocols on most patients.

tvengr

Well Known Member
With our cell phone. We call the ER Doc on our phone for orders etc. But with the new legislation that was passed we won't need to call on every patient and will be able to use protocols on most patients.
Thank you very much for that information! I didn't see any hospital frequencies or talkgroups.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Has there been any discussion about the Morris County P.D. talk groups becoming encrypted?
All law enforcement agencies have access to four talkgroups that are full-time encrypted. If there were plans to encrypt the rest of the law enforcement talkgroups, the ideal time to do so would've been when they were all created for the 700 cell, which didn't happen.