Alpha Tags not showing up

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
i have lan for audio, i do not have an audio cable going from scanner. i thought radio feed was a part of proscan?! i thought proscan is for remote controlling scanner

The Source Client in ProScan works exactly like the Source Client in RadioFeed. Try it and that way you could use the LAN audio & data with ProScan.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
The Source Client in ProScan works exactly like the Source Client in RadioFeed. Try it and that way you could use the LAN audio & data with ProScan.
i dont see a source client tab in proscan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 190446.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 190446.png
    604.8 KB · Views: 9

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Do alpha tags only work with Pro Scan? I use Sentinel and a SDS200
Are you planning on streaming?
This thread is about streaming audio to Broadcastify and missing the text tags from the serial port.
Sentinel doesn't support audio from the scanner, or the serial port, or streaming to Broadcastify.

tatersalad

Yes, I've been streaming audio on Broadcastify since 2007. The scanner that I've used for years became outdated due to digital P25 systems. I purchased a 536HP several years ago and most recently the SDS200. I was curious about alpha tags and how they work, and what program they are supported by.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I've been streaming audio on Broadcastify since 2007.
Is your feed offline?

The scanner that I've used for years became outdated due to digital P25 systems. I purchased a 536HP several years ago and most recently the SDS200. I was curious about alpha tags and how they work,
Basically the source program will take the text tags from the scanner and embed the text tags into the MP3 audio stream. At the far side, the client or media player will pull the text tags out of the MP3 stream and display them. That is if the client or media player supports text tags (metadata).

what program they are supported by.
My free RadioFeed and paid ProScan supports text tags with the scanners you're using. I believe ScannerCast does too.

tatersalad

My feed is online. Ennis Tx PD / FD. I use ScannerCast. It says it only supports two scanner models. The SDS200 isn't one of them, which seems odd.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
On my sds 200 I use the little usb connection (to computer) below the lan connection. I am sure the rear port on the the sds will do the same, if not someone might chime in. Are you using Proscan to stream?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On my sds 200 I use the little usb connection (to computer) below the lan connection. I am sure the rear port on the the sds will do the same, if not someone might chime in. Are you using Proscan to stream?
The rear port on the SDS200 is inoperative. Use the front panel Ethernet or USB ports.