2023 Kentucky Derby Festival Events

Tomcu96

you could check first the radio reference database, the different on going because the Churchill downs has like a DMR radio network if you look on there they have also some contorni radio freq for using the different places for looking for air show i would check the louisville airport

FD101

Premium Subscriber
Let's start a thread for the 2023 Derby Events. Post frequencies, line-ups, etc.
Expecting another STA from Bearcom for the week leading up to and the week after the derby. Last years Derby and Breeders Cup in Lexington, they were using deployable Motorola DMR repeaters for mobility, gates/tickets, vendors, etc.

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
Expecting another STA from Bearcom for the week leading up to and the week after the derby. Last years Derby and Breeders Cup in Lexington, they were using deployable Motorola DMR repeaters for mobility, gates/tickets, vendors, etc.
ERS Wireless provides the radios for Churchill Downs at Derby. They utilities the existing Churchill Downs CAP + 800MHZ system for track operations. They rent around 500-700 radios each year.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
What about this weekend with Thunder Over Louisville? Any good things to monitor for event ops. I have all the airband stuff just curious if they are gonna use the encrypted event channels again

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I imagine all the "juicy stuff" (as in police related) will be on the encrypted talkgroups. They probably will use the others for the more mundane stuff (traffic control).

FD101

Premium Subscriber
What about this weekend with Thunder Over Louisville? Any good things to monitor for event ops. I have all the airband stuff just curious if they are gonna use the encrypted event channels again
State Highways will be closing and open roadways throughout the day, I imagine they’re Louisville repeater will be active.