OP25 OP25 (Boatbod) - Silly Problem

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
I have successfully compiled OP25 (boatbod) on a number of FreeBSD boxen that I use to monitor from remote locations and have things working to my satisfaction with rx.py. Well, if it ain't broke, half the fun is in breaking it so I can fix it - I decided it was time to migrate to multi_rx.

So far, I've managed to get the thing up and running with a single SDR on my test box and it's working wonderfully with the local phase 2 site.

HOWEVER - I've discovered that if I blacklist a talkgroup while it's active, multi_rx won't return to the control channel.

I'm sure I've just missed something really stupid and I'd be most grateful if someone could point it out to me 8*) Many thanks!

boatbod

HOWEVER - I've discovered that if I blacklist a talkgroup while it's active, multi_rx won't return to the control channel.
Sounds like a bug!
If I'm getting the gist of the problem, you are using the blacklist/lockout command to blacklist the current talkgroup while a call is actively being monitored. In theory this should drop the call and in the case of a single receiver cause a return to the control channel. Let me see if I can reproduce it.

ETA: yes it was a bug and now it's fixed! Thanks for the report.

Last edited:

bcorbin

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a bug!
If I'm getting the gist of the problem, you are using the blacklist/lockout command to blacklist the current talkgroup while a call is actively being monitored. In theory this should drop the call and in the case of a single receiver cause a return to the control channel. Let me see if I can reproduce it.

ETA: yes it was a bug and now it's fixed! Thanks for the report.

My pleasure, and thank you for all your hard work!

Katahgii

Feed Provider
I have successfully compiled OP25 (boatbod) on a number of FreeBSD boxen that I use to monitor from remote locations and have things working to my satisfaction with rx.py. Well, if it ain't broke, half the fun is in breaking it so I can fix it - I decided it was time to migrate to multi_rx.

So far, I've managed to get the thing up and running with a single SDR on my test box and it's working wonderfully with the local phase 2 site.

I'm sure I've just missed something really stupid and I'd be most grateful if someone could point it out to me 8*) Many thanks!
I know this is old but do you possibly have this port on GitHub? I’d love to use it!