SDR-Trunk doing weird stuff

freema22

Feed Provider
Hello,
I am running two RTL-SDR dongles and SDR-Trunk to listen to Michigan's MPSCS system. It has run flawlessly for years. Recently, I moved my office to another room in my house. When I fired everything up, SDR-Trunk started doing weird stuff. If I select tuner A as my preferred tuner, everything works fine. If I select tuner B, I get the waterfall pictured below. At first, I thought it was the tuner, so I replaced it. The new one works the same. Then I thought it might be the USB hub, so I replaced that, and no change. Has anyone else experienced this or know the cause?

Is there a better P25 offering than SDR-Trunk?

Thanks,
Mike
il5uf6chi9za1.png

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I’d look at what you changed in moving the computer to a different room. Antenna, antenna placement, antenna connection. IMHO it’s not SDR-Trunk that is the issue, it’s the changes you made.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Really looks like the signal is being interrupted repeatedly. Control channels should have a constant stream.

What's in the new room that could introduce interference? Any switching wall warts or anything that could cause interference in the room? Is the antenna or cable near anything new?

N8DAD

Feed Provider
listen to mpscs michigan p25 , using 2 rtl's getting alot of tuner unavailable not picking up 774mhz stream
i know its bandwidth issue. i am having a issue understanding how to setup my second rtl to get the 774mhz stream .
sorry im just not getting it, how do i fix this ? anyone have anytime to explain, thanks