Rich's radio room for 2023

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
HamClock for the download. I used a Raspberry pi 3 that I already had.

My wife saw the GeoChron running at HRO last week and she loved it, I wonder if she is going to push me that direction at some point.
I looked at GeoChron website, very cool. Version Version 2.92: 2023-05-13 looks like came out today Saturday. Thank you Rich.

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
This HamClock software, how do you install this on Windows?
You don't directly. It is intended to run in Linux-based OS's like the Pi uses. I suppose one could use some sort of emulator or VM but that is beyond my paygrade. It would probably be easier just to get a Pi.

prcguy

Wow that’s an impressive amount of stuff. I see what looks like the Gemsproducts side panels with handles on your Icom 7300, did you know they will also fit your R8600? It’s one of the best accys I know of for these radios.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Wow that’s an impressive amount of stuff. I see what looks like the Gemsproducts side panels with handles on your Icom 7300, did you know they will also fit your R8600? It’s one of the best accys I know of for these radios.
Yes, they are the "Side KX" panels. I just last week bought a second pair for the 8600 and installed them.

I have also purchased a new desk and cabinet as well as coax jumpers so the N9JIG Shack v231.0 will be displayed in July after the desk arrives.

prcguy

Yes, they are the "Side KX" panels. I just last week bought a second pair for the 8600 and installed them.

I have also purchased a new desk and cabinet as well as coax jumpers so the N9JIG Shack v231.0 will be displayed in July after the desk arrives.
Glad to hear it. I know the genius who designed those. I also know Bob that owns Novexcomm, good stuff!