• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Ver G2-G5 PPS 4.0 (V0.4.0.30) is out.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
We just received a notice from Unication that 0.4.03 See below notes.

ANNOUNCING NEW PPS VERSION 4.0 (G2-G5 P25 VOICE PAGERS)

Introducing new and improved programming software (PPS) for Unication’s G2-G5 P25 Voice Pagers. PPS 4.0 may look similar, but this new version is designed to make programming G-Series pagers a more user friendly and intuitive experience. PPS 4.0 will be the current PPS going forward.

NEW PPS 4.0 KEY FEATURES:

• Customer Public Resource Manager - This is where all systems, custom alerts and custom voice prompts are stored. All three can be easily added to any Code Plug (CP) file you are building.
  • TGID's are now stored with the system they belong to. You will only see the appropriate ID's when selecting a P25 system.*
  • Ability to open more than one CP file at a time.
  • Ability to copy and paste system and TGID's from one CP file to another.
*In order to have ID's separate with the appropriate system, you will need create a new CP file. Importing into the new 4.0 PPS will store all IDs together. We highly recommend taking the time to import all your systems into the Public Resource manager, it is worth the effort.

Download PPS 4.0 (V0.4.0.30):
Downloads- G2-G5 P25 Voice Pager | Unication USA

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

• New units shipped June 2023 and after can ONLY be programmed using PPS version 4.0 and do not support programming with any past PPS versions.
  • New PPS 4.0 is compatible with old and new pagers and will be the current PPS for all G-Series G2-G5 Pagers moving forward.
  • CP Files created in older PPS versions can be converted to the new PPS 4.0

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Unication USA, Inc.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Now available on website. It will be a little learning curve but has a lot of good features, in order to use all the features you will need to create a new CP, having been using this version in beta, I recommend it, it is worth the extra time to do this one time.

Last edited:

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Now available on website. It will be a little learning curve but has a lot of good features, in order to use all the features you will need to create a new CP, having been using this version in beta, I recommend it, it is worth the extra time to do this one time.

Thanks for the advice, this pps does look better than the older versions. Unfortunately, we have several demos with different model numbers so I'll have to spend some time with the new codeplugs from scratch.

Jim

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the advice, this pps does look better than the older versions. Unfortunately, we have several demos with different model numbers so I'll have to spend some time with the new codeplugs from scratch.

Jim
Once you have created one in the new V4 PPS you should be able to convert the new V4 CP to the other model numbers. Additionally, once you import the system/systems into Tab C - C-1, and voice prompts into C - C-3 they will be available for all future models and new CPs, making it a lot easier in the future.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Epic fail for me after importing an existing profile. Had to kill the prog via Task Manager.

PPS V4 fatal error.png

mjz

What is a key benefit to upgrading from what I use currently (previous version)?

tkowalik

Banned
I created a new code plug and entered the subgroup list on E2. I go to E7 and select subgroup as binding feature, I select the TGs, and select the subgroups under Talk Group List, it shows them selected when I click off the box, I hit save, “saved successfully” pops up, but when I go back to the zone, they aren’t selected anymore. Bug?

It doesn’t unselect them if I read the profile from device.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What is a key benefit to upgrading from what I use currently (previous version)?

The ability to separate TGs by system is the biggest benefit, allows for easier programming especially if you have multiple systems with duplicate TG numbers. I also like the CSV file import for talkgroups too.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I created a new code plug and entered the subgroup list on E2. I go to E7 and select subgroup as binding feature, I select the TGs, and select the subgroups under Talk Group List, it shows them selected when I click off the box, I hit save, “saved successfully” pops up, but when I go back to the zone, they aren’t selected anymore. Bug?

It doesn’t unselect them if I read the profile from device.
I haven't found that issue yet, though it was previously a problem, on the C tab, in earlier versions.

blackbelter

Initially my thoughts were that this is a phishing email as the sender is not from a Unication address or entity and note the urgency of updating . I must admit that all of my cyber attack training kicked in as not to upload the new PPS . I forwarded it to my dealer for verification and will visit the Unication site.

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
I tried loading from the Unication site. Norton didn't like it, gave me high-risk error warnings.

I don't have time to do intense troubleshooting now but I wanted to share this.

tkowalik

Banned
I really wish I could get on the beta testing. For all of the talk about this being a pager, not a scanner, it seems as of late the paging capabilities in Firmware and PPS are the most overlooked. Makes me wonder if the beta testers actually use this for the intended purpose because I’m catching these problems inside of an hour.

Hit_Factor

I tried loading from the Unication site. Norton didn't like it, gave me high-risk error warnings.

I don't have time to do intense troubleshooting now but I wanted to share this.
That's just because it's new and Norton doesn't have any history on it. Go ahead and click whatever button you need to override the security warning.

Windows might throw up a similar caution when you launch the software.

pandel

NOT a Complaint, just a Question!!
Still haven't heard a satisfactory reason to reprogram my G4. I've finally got it programmed exactly the way I want it and everything is working well.
So let me ask again, Where/what is the advantage of upgrading to a new PPS which per the announcement will have a "Little learning curve" and cause me to a lot of extra work to end up essentially right back where I started? Specifically, what will I gain over the previous PPS? Voice prompts?
I added those myself about a year ago. It would be nice if we could program the screen to stay off until a selected button was pushed (like my old tactical radios). I'd change PPS in a second for that! Please don't get me wrong......
I LOVE my G4, and want to make it better if that is possible. Will this PPS do that? How?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Still haven't heard a satisfactory reason to reprogram my G4. I've finally got it programmed exactly the way I want it and everything is working well.
So let me ask again, Where/what is the advantage of upgrading to a new PPS which per the announcement will have a "Little learning curve" and cause me to a lot of extra work to end up essentially right back where I started? Specifically, what will I gain over the previous PPS? Voice prompts?
I added those myself about a year ago. It would be nice if we could program the screen to stay off until a selected button was pushed (like my old tactical radios). I'd change PPS in a second for that! Please don't get me wrong......
I LOVE my G4, and want to make it better if that is possible. Will this PPS do that? How?
If you never intend to adjust your programming again, or update firmware, then don’t bother with new PPS. Both of these are unrealistic in my view, so do as you see appropriate. Eventually you’ll need the new PPS but might just want to let others run it through some testing first if you are hesitant.

pandel