Natchez Trace Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Full Time on all chans or just the Public Safety nets?

bassmkenk2508

Last time I heard them on 162.16250 (Rangers, Side 2) they were clear in APCO-25 mode.
FYI, I am in Starkville/MSU.

I will try to hear them again and update if possible.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
TY.. I am hoping that it is still just Encrypted as optional.. not full time... BTW monitor the National Forests closely guys... The APCO-25 changeover is beginning with ALL federal nets.

bee

On 163.025and 162.1625(i think that is correct if not it is in the database,which is the enforcement channels) I have not been able to monitor them for about the last three weeks. Can only tell someone is trying to transmitt, just a little squealing. I purchased my 996t about the 8-15-06 and could hear them well untill about three weeks ago. At this time I can still monitor the maintence crews.

I just want to confirm that they can't be monitor anymore and that there is nothing wrong with my 996t.

Thanks

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Updated.... hope this don't spread to the GSM, and BRP

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Well, that was a waste of money for me on complicated scanners. I bought the 996 and 396 primarily for the Natchez Trace reception. I live in the boonies and their the only one's with APCO-25 here. I've been meaning to ask if anyone else is hearing nothing but garbled, squealing noise (with CW ID). Now I know. Tnx very much.

I think I'll take these scanners to the next hamfest and lose my rearend on them, but take the money and buy a couple good 898T's - something I can program easily without punching 5 buttons to get to my local agency.

I'm being sarcastic, but I'm sure there's a capacity of people out there that enjoy all the extras on these new scanners (396 and 996). I can't even get a dang PL tone on the local agency(s) without being aggravated by to much menu stuff. I rely on my Kenwood TM-D700A more for a scanner than I do this. Installing tones (and making any other changes) are much less complicated.

Maybe I'm just missing something. I've been messing with scanners since the mid 70's and I guess the "channels", "banks" and so forth are burned into my mind and it's just hard for me to block it out and use the new scanners.

Thank you for reading and have a great day.

73, Jeff/KU4WW
Cherokee, Al.
http://map.findu.com/ku4ww

vulcan882

Jeff,

I know the feeling. I work close to the rangers and was advised that all federal law enforcement would eventually be encrypted. It's just a matter of time until all public service agencies will go that way if Feds will provide money. There's been a strong push in my county for this,fortunately I'm in a position to gum up the works up to now far. ha ha

Danny
KB5ZEA

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Well, hello Danny. Good to hear from you. How've you been? I still have 2 meter ssb, however the lightning strike in September, 2005 has me limited to the northeast, lol. I'll replace the rotor someday. Lightning got my IC-756, Yaesu G-800 rotor, one month old BC796 Scanner, WX Station and some other minor stuff. I got disgusted and turned away from it for 6 months after that. Ruining the IC-756 hurt my feelings the most. I'll get everything back on the air someday. It will just take time.

I haven't been on the Midsouth Net in a few years and don't think they still have it, but I'm not for sure. I've been very active in some local clubs up here the last 3 years. We have a repeater on 146.850 (PL 141.3) W5TCR in Tishomingo County (again). Do you still have a repeater in the Kosiusko area on this frequency? I don't ever hear it now. Take care.

73, Jeff/KU4WW

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Keep them, youll need them as the MWIN gears up.. they are currently the ONLY market scanners that will trunk 700 MHz P-25. :)

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Hi milf,

Oh, I'll probably hold on to them, lol. I just get aggravated when I can't figure something out. Is there a turorial on programming scanners such as the 396 and the 996? Tnx very much. Have a good evening.

Jeff

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Umm as far as tutorials... Youd have to get one of us that owns one to write one... WEG.. and I will stick to being an GRE fan till I can afford an 396... or GRE makes an 700 P-25 Trunking scanner.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Kosiusko's net I believe changed freqs.. I will look on the ARRL's site, and the MS Skywarn lists for the listing.. if they even still have one there... I know that the Central MS, and Coastal, and Southwest MS areas are HAM'ed tight!

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Steve,

Thank you very much. I'll bookmark that link. Looking forward to reading it. Have a good weekend.

Jeff/KU4WW

Status
Not open for further replies.