• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola HT1000 and Rib-LESS programing cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyytor

HT1000 and Rib-LESS programing cables

it is not a scam they work, the "rib" is in the cable like the description said,
serial end is were the rib is located,
how ever you need the software to program the radio,
if you have it then your set if you do not LOL

n1das

tyytor said:
it is not a scam they work, the "rib" is in the cable like the description said,
serial end is were the rib is located,
how ever you need the software to program the radio,
if you have it then your set if you do not LOL

Like tyytor said, it is NOT a scam and the RIB-less programming cables DO work, like the RIB'd cables. The RIB-less cables have the external RIB circuitry shrunk down and placed inside the serial cable connector. It's essentially the same thing but packaged a lot nicer and more convenient.

You'll still need the correct software to read/program the radio, regardless of the type of programming cable you have.

Good luck.

smokeater1

Feed Provider
What is the correct version of software that you need in order to use the RIB-les cable. I have this working for the HT1250, but it won't work on the HT1000
Thanks

zz0468

QRT
Banned

zz0468

QRT
Banned
smokeater1 said:
What is the correct version of software that you need in order to use the RIB-les cable. I have this working for the HT1250, but it won't work on the HT1000
Thanks

The software is not determined by the cable. It's determined by the radio, and any previous software used. It must be the correct RSS/CPS for the radio, and it must be equal or later in version to whatever was previously used on the radio. If someone used version 5.1 to write to the radio, you're pretty much screwed if you have version 4. You would have to purchase the latest from Motorola.

zz0468 said:
The software is not determined by the cable. It's determined by the radio, and any previous software used. It must be the correct RSS/CPS for the radio, and it must be equal or later in version to whatever was previously used on the radio. If someone used version 5.1 to write to the radio, you're pretty much screwed if you have version 4. You would have to purchase the latest from Motorola.

Does Motorola still check how many dealers in your area if their is to many they wont sell it to you?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
ScannerDude244 said:
Does Motorola still check how many dealers in your area if their is to many they wont sell it to you?

I don't know. They've never been too proud to take my money.

ryan81986

How much does motorola charge for the software? I thought you had to pay a licensing fee per year?

ryan81986

Just bought a cable from the same seller which works on the maxtrac and CDM series radios. Now if only I had the maxtrac software, since I already have the CDM software.

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Ribless question?

I just got the ribless cable for the HT1250 LS (radio-to-db9) and tried changing com ports and still get an error message : couldn't open port/check device, rib powered?/device to rib/ & rib to PC. I can not read or write to my radio but it still have trunking info from the seller I want to save. I thought I'd ask since someone here might have some experience while still on the subject of ribless. Radio shows software ver as R03.01.03 but I am using ver-6.0 I no longer own the rib box but may have to buy one if all else fails.. Amos

Last edited:

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
Ref Ribless

Okay, I went to a moto dealer and he tested my ribless cable & radio for free (normally a $95 fee). The problem was that the NEW cable I got from China does not work as described, for a low price, I got what I paid for. Perhaps I will order the box and real OEM cables. According to the pinout diagram my radio connector shows 4 pins used. Maybe I am missing a pin for power to the db-9 as in the error code I keep getting or ?? but depending on some companies that makes it, some do work for other folks. Amos

Last edited:

ryan81986

Oh ok. I should be getting my ribless CDM cable from that ebay seller in the next couple days, I will post a review when I get it. I believe the same seller has HT1250 cables too.

bigbluemsp

ryan81986 said:
Just bought a cable from the same seller which works on the maxtrac and CDM series radios. Now if only I had the maxtrac software, since I already have the CDM software.

Its the same software. Also that software will do the HT750, 1250, 1550.

The Maxtrac is obselete and it was replaced by the CDM series.

Status
Not open for further replies.