Bell FLeetnet Zone 3 New Control Frequencies Monitored

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRJ

Premium Subscriber
If you are in the Parry Sound/Muskoka area and have Trunker operational see if you can get some information on the following new control frequencies being monitored in the Rosseau area. 142.440 142.515 and 142.590

Jack VE3hrj

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Bell Fleetnet appears to be right on schedule. They said that they would start operations on Zone 3 by this summer and they were correct. :D

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I wouldn't get too excited about Zone 3 yet. They've got the same system ID as zone 2 and the Rosseau site is being reported as Site 29 which is the next in line with Zone 2.

This might be the start of Smith Falls dispatching the Muskoka units. I heard they would be doing it at some point. I guess you could call it Zone 2b?

mciupa

Thunderbolt said:
Bell Fleetnet appears to be right on schedule.

Just when it appears that way, Bell tech's may be in a strike position
as of Thursday(July 22) possibly delaying things until the new deal
is nailed down.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Does this include the Bell Mobility Radio techs or just Bell Canada? I thought Bell Mobility Radio and Cellular employees were not unionized.

FYI, it appears that this is an extension of Zone 2. The Muskoka area detachments that were formerly dispatched by Orillia will be dispatched by Smith Falls as part of Zone 2. They are currently dispatched by North Bay after Orillia converted to Fleetnet.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
The strike only applies to Bell Canada techs... the splicers, construction, installers, etc.. all of the workers under CEP who weren't spintered off into Expertech or Entourage.

It doesn't apply to the BMR/Bell Mobility guys. Unless worksites get picketed, it won't affect them at all.

My dad works for Expertech (nee Bell), and cordrially invites and and all striking Bell employees to his worksite to picket him. They're all under the same CEP local, and won't cross any picket lines (grin).

I believe the phrase "what took you guys so long, the coffee's getting cold" was bandied about a lot the last time this happened (grin)

I forsee a lot of paid golf this summer.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Confirmed with a friend who works for Bell Mobility. They won't be affected unless their worksites are picketed.

Of course, any ordering of T1's from Bell Canada for sites probably won't be coming any time soon.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
To get back to the original topic, I have confirmed that these are indeed Zone 2 sites. Construction of Zone 3 has not started.

When these sites are completed, dispatching of Parry Sound, Muskoka, Huntsville and Burk's Falls will be done by the Smith Falls Comm Centre on Zone 2.

Target date for this to happen is sometime in the fall.

I hope dispatch has some really good mapping systems in place. That seems a little far for Smiths Falls to be dispatching calls.

Mike_Oxlong said:
To get back to the original topic, I have confirmed that these are indeed Zone 2 sites. Construction of Zone 3 has not started.

When these sites are completed, dispatching of Parry Sound, Muskoka, Huntsville and Burk's Falls will be done by the Smith Falls Comm Centre on Zone 2.

Target date for this to happen is sometime in the fall.

DaveH

Go to the "RR Database" on this site. You can go to Ontario and list all systems, and find them; or you can search on the System ID. They are 782d for Zone 1, 822f for Zone 2, or 8320 for Zone 3 (which is not active yet).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.