York County - HARRIS RF COM - p25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Testing today on the trunked system Frequencies in Conventional p25 mode dead keying with some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Test Complete voice every now and then.

Loud and clear here in Lebanon County.

ocguard

scan-pa said:
Testing today on the trunked system Frequencies in Conventional p25 mode dead keying with some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Test Complete voice every now and then.

Loud and clear here in Lebanon County.

I copied the same but in trunked mode. TGID was 16. Before and after each transmission, tech would announce which trunk channel was being used. I guess there is a way to force which channel is assigned during test mode. Then they switched the control channel, and voice tested on the prior CC. Some calls were limited to the central system, others were wide area calls on multiple or all systems.

excrx94

ocguard said:
I copied the same but in trunked mode. TGID was 16. Before and after each transmission, tech would announce which trunk channel was being used. I guess there is a way to force which channel is assigned during test mode. Then they switched the control channel, and voice tested on the prior CC. Some calls were limited to the central system, others were wide area calls on multiple or all systems.

let the fun being

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I am very happy to see strong signals from York County all the way here in Lebanon County.

They did a good job on site placement for each system.

ocguard

Monitored two members of the radio staff doing some impromptu portable radio testing this evening on TGIDs 16 and 17 (referred to as groups A and B respectively). Sounds great. Calls were being carried over the Central, South, and North systems flawlessly. Most of the 'testing' was being done in the Red Lion/Yoe area and the extreme southeastern York County like Brogue, Airville, Peachbottom, and Delta, an area often plagued by poor radio coverage. Results were outstanding! Very few "poor spots" along the river bank (Peach Bottom Atomic Power station and Holtwood Hydroelectric station), which isn't surprising considering they weren't using the Fulton site, which is designed to fill these gaps.

York County is in store for an advancement in communications capabilities that they're just not prepared for! Worlds of difference to protect those who protect us! As one of the techs stated, "they just don't know what's coming."

Oh, and Dave, "you can always find better but you'll never pay more!" Yeah, I'm converted, hook me up man!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
ROGER !!!!!!

M/A Com did an EXCELLENT job engineering this system..We have PORTABLE (low power 1 watt) coverage in places we don't have MOBILE coverage on UHF now..

Those who mis guessed themselves will be eating crow when this piece of carbon gets polished into the DIAMOND it is...

York County, You done good !!!

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I have updated the York County Trunked System DB home page.

Please be sure to contact me with confirmed talkgroup ID numbers.

I have 5 so far, 2 confirmed and 3 unknown dead key ups.

PCPA

Official word on the mobile equipment roll out is to begin with current UHF users (EMA, Sheriff, & EMS--probably in that order); then current VHF users. Police users will begin around July. There may be a brief time of simulcasting the UHF users.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
That's close to what I heard also.

I heard EMA, 911 Comcenter, Hazmat, LEA, EMS, Local Gov, Fire, FP, County-City Services ect..

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Well it actually goes this way...

EMA
Sheriff
EMS units
Park Rangers (moving to Sheriffs UHF)

THEN...

Police depts by Zone ending with city

THEN...

Fire units starting in the south east and south west

THEN..

Fire units north east and north west

THEN..

Fire units in the central area east and west

THEN ..

City Fire

somewhere in there the 911 center and stragglers will be installed..

READY... SET... ATTACK !!!!

ocguard

Dave,
Are there ballpark dates associated with this timeline?

Park rangers aren't going to take advantage of the new system? Or were they not invited. Seems quite a shame to not have EVERYONE on board.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Matt,
Yes, the Park Rangers are invited and will be very well equipped !!!. They are just being moved to an Exsisting UHF system while the Trunked system is being tested and optimized.

These groups will most likely be the "testers" for the system. This represents a couple hundred radios.

Paging is moving forward !!! still on schedule.. Capcodes have been forwarded to Unication for programming..

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Dateline:

EMA, EMS, Sheriffs, Rangers should be installed in April/May.. PD sometime after that..

bjsmcp

Feed Provider
ycdesonline.com

Does anyone have the capcode list for the 453.600 mhz paging system they would like to share?

ocguard

nightwatch said:
is anyone getting the hung tx with the two beeps on 155.415.its not as strong as when yorks talking
Not York P25 subject matter but yes, I hear it occasionally, but its on the CSQ side of things so users with PLs won't notice it

bjsmcp said:
Does anyone have the capcode list for the 453.600 mhz paging system they would like to share?
This will not be shared. It is unlawful to intercept these POCSAG pages. York County DES will not be releasing this information.

nightwatch

sorry thought it might be,as the beeps sound like somethings in moto fail safe mode.mk
ocguard said:
Not York P25 subject matter but yes, I hear it occasionally, but its on the CSQ side of things so users with PLs won't notice it

This will not be shared. It is unlawful to intercept these POCSAG pages. York County DES will not be releasing this information.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Tommahawk said:
OCGUARD;

You are incorrect. It is not illegal to receive POCSAG messages as long as as you can decode them over the air. If it is encrypted it is illegal. If you can hear it you can decode!!!

Sorry, but you are wrong on this one!

It is illegal to decode any Digital Pager System in the USA. This Covers both Commercial and Private Digital Pager Systems.

Computer Software that does decode these digital pager systems are also illegal to have or use in the USA.

But don't get me wrong, I have setup 3 of the 5 websites that monitor and decode the Lebanon County Pager system.

And I already have someone setup in York City, and someone setup in Lower Paxton, Dauphin County for there Pager System.

:)

The bad news is the Software author found out about the trend to use the HTML portion of his software to display Public Safety pages on websites in the USA and has now removed that ability from all of his newer versions of the software.

-edit-

One thing I would like to add, is MA/Com / Pagegate / Motorola / and several other Dispatch pager software & Hardware providers do sell a software and hardware option to display the outgoing pages on a HTML website. This way is Legal. I know MA/COM & PageGate has one for Lebanon County. It is like $210.00.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.