newbie needs some programing psr600c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGDOG73

I own a PSR600 really liking it. So H. D. mechanic came over and was nice enough to program my unit for me. So I do have city of Calgary police, fire department, and other cool stuff in surrounding areas. So my question is I drive from Calgary to Vancouver. I was set up on gre/rs web site I tried to download different things I would be encountering along my trip I travel as far as Delta.bc. So what I tried doing was downloading all the small towns from a sweet field across a province on channel 6. I then try to download local RCMP and other things in Delta. I download the frequencies into the unit it showed that it was downloading. I guess my question is what is the proper procedure to downloading off the computer. And say if I download something and I'm no longer to be using how do I take that out. Like I said I'm all set up for Calgary H. D. mechanic did a wonderful job helping me out thumbs-up. I hope my question is clear and do read some of the forums on here you guys can be a bit technical at times lol. I love my radio and would love to buy another one handheld I just need to understand how to use this one first lol. At least the point of downloading frequencies. So I know this is very long-winded is the Gre/rs a good site for downloading. It seemed easy enough, I just must have missed a couple steps lol thanks for any help on this matter.

MrVelvet

If you are using Win500 at all, you can download the information from your scanner and save that file for future use. Then you can make all your other changes and be back to the original file in a matter of seconds whenever you want.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm a much bigger fan of Win500, myself. In my opinion, it's much more intuitive to use, and user-friendly. I've used several ARC programs for various scanners over the years and find Win500 just works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.