Voice scramble

Status
Not open for further replies.

plus

Has anyone heard of the RCMP Battleford going with some kind of voice scrambling on the P25 network ?.

mobile_1

I have been doing some traveling around the province and none of the RCMP's regular TGs are encrypted at this time. Yesterday encrypted TG 177 was in use out here for a while. I have had some problems with my GREs decoding so I thought they were on encryption but Pro96com shows open P25 and the Unidens are decoding the system just fine.

bush_man

And GRE has been kicked out of their factory, not sure what future support might hold, did you find out any other tower/site info around the province mobile 1?

mobile_1

did you find out any other tower/site info around the province mobile 1?
I did send some new info to the DB. I found that all the sites have just 3 or 5 voice channels. 97% have 3 voice plus the CC. I will travel the north west part of the province later and report my findings here.

georgesharpe

A thought for the future. If I were to have my way, I'd settle for traffic, weather, missing person, and crime alerts (BOLOS) on the RCMP channels and they could encrypt person and vehcle checks, like the Calgary PD does and I'd be fine with that. All my interest is in just the main "meat and potaoes" of what is going on. Hearing CPIC checks are always boring.

beeperboy

A thought for the future. If I were to have my way, I'd settle for traffic, weather, missing person, and crime alerts (BOLOS) on the RCMP channels and they could encrypt person and vehcle checks, like the Calgary PD does and I'd be fine with that. All my interest is in just the main "meat and potaoes" of what is going on. Hearing CPIC checks are always boring.

Unfortunately, it's the few people who provide the live feeds that are about to ruin it for everyone.

The police don't appreciate all of their traffic regurgitated on the web.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to hide?

And why shouldn't the average citizen know just what is happening in their community?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Newspaper?

And why 2-3 days of old news in a newspaper. Not going to help NOW. As an example, this AM, scanner alerted me to a MVC on the main road I was going to get to work. Took a detour and made it around while the average citizen was waiting in a traffic jamb.

beeperboy

And why 2-3 days of old news in a newspaper. Not going to help NOW. As an example, this AM, scanner alerted me to a MVC on the main road I was going to get to work. Took a detour and made it around while the average citizen was waiting in a traffic jamb.

That's a pretty isolated incident to support your hobby of snooping on peoples private conversations. You probably could have heard the same report from the traffic helicopter.

By the way, we are all "average citizens". Owning a receiver doesn't gives us any special rights or powers. You expect a certain level of privacy and security when using electronic devices, why do you deny the police the same?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
And example

Well, it is just an example. And I don't like listening to all the crap on AM/FM with all their adverts. But you will never convince me that I don't have a right to know what is going on without being spoon fed what someone feels I should know. Just remember Slave Lake. And I have nothing to hide when I use any form of communication so I don't expect privacy. If I don't want anyone to know how I feel, or say, I don't say it!

Status
Not open for further replies.