Transit Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

redoor

Edmonton transit switched to a new radio system a few years back. They are now on the Edmonton Public Works and Safety trunk system. When listening to them now...you hear them say "press your control button and we will talk to you there". Where is this channel and where can I listen to it. Is it a digital encrypted channel? can some one please help.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

They are probably refering to an i-call it is a one to one 'talkgroup' that, other than the bus and dispatcher, other users will not hear.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

You require a scanner that supports icalls. I do not listen to ETS so I cannot help you there. I am sure there is someone local on here that can though

SCPD

QRT
I very seldom listen to ETS, but as far as I know it is an iCall. I believe that there are 5 talkgroups programmed into the radios in the buses.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
You need a scanner like the Uniden 780 and 785 or 250D. They have the ability to program in a catch all frequency that recieves I calls. The problem is you hear buses and road graders ect using the same I call. I believe some of the older GRE's also had that ICall feature. What unit are you using? I can try and check if it can handle ICall.

Status
Not open for further replies.