Provincewide:

Code:
Fire

Frequency 	Input     	License 	Type 	Tone 	Alpha Tag 	Description 	Mode 	Tag 
156.85500 	   	 	BM	CSQ	VHF FIRE TAC	VHF Firetac 	FM 	Fire-Tac 
412.55000 	   	 	BM	CSQ	UHF FIRE TAC	UHF Firetac 	FM 	Fire-Tac

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I've not heard much activity on these frequencies. More on 156.855 during the floods in Turner Valley/Black Diamond a number of years ago. Nothing in Calgary during floods in 2013. Wasn't close to High River, etc in 2013 to hear any activity. In Blackie during floods of 2013, fire was using their repeater.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Being that it's simplex and used on hand carried portables at low power, I'm not sure what you would expect to hear from a static position, unless the incident was right beside you. Especially in Calgary where there is a full 800 MHz trunk system which the fire department uses - and they're not on either VHF nor UHF.

VHF Firetac is used extensively in the areas where fire departments are still on VHF analog, using it as their fireground operations channel. UHF Firetac is used the same way for some UHF analog departments, but is not as common.

SCPD

QRT
Not sure if it's used for LZ down south but regularly you can hear STARS on it up here. There is even a full time patch on the CoE EDACS system that has a decent footprint.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
99% of STARS LZs down here are on either Provincial Ambulance or on rare occasions RCMP T9. Lately they've been known to communicate with EMS on one of the MA11 channels depending on whose district it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.