CFD and CPS Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

Hi all, I'm curious what some common acronyms mean.

From the context you can often tell the meaning, but not what the actual letters stand for.
For example L O I seems to be call history for a particular address or complaintant. ? of interest maybe?

CFD is using a "new to me' IPA. Pretty sure it's not India Pale Ale. Initial ? ?
Is there a list somewhere, or do we want to start one here?

mciupa

Database Admin
IPA may be a Fire Control Panel and LOI may be Location of Interest

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
The LOI lookup is Location of Interest, and the dispatch software will pull up a history of all previous calls from that address.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
My thoughts: LOI, Location of Interest, Level of Investigation. IPA In Patient Assessment so would be close to Initial Patient Assessment which sounds more likely.

technocardy

I've heard CFD say IPA on things like fire alarm calls and public assists, where there's no initial patient, or they're not dispatched on a medical call. Very curious about IPA, been meaning to make a thread for it but I've kept forgetting haha.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) considers the first, or initial, positive (meaning something that works towards the eventual goal) action to be an important benchmark.

ahp309

BMQ is Broadcast Message Queue. The Queue is a list of messages on the CAD that include things like recent stolen vehicles, impaired/careless driving, wanted persons, missing persons, queries made through CPIC/MVD, messages between vehicles, etc.

smason

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) considers the first, or initial, positive (meaning something that works towards the eventual goal) action to be an important benchmark.

Thanks. I initially also thought it was initial patient assessment, but heard it on non-medical calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.