Medicine Hat monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bussard

Looking for a scanner to get latest MHPS and Sheriffs in Medicine Hat.. The above scanner is not made anymore and would like to find one that would work.. Beginner here

Looking for info on what I need for a scanner and a detailed review on the procedure needed to receive AFRRCS, new to this. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
This could be another 5 years..

So are Medicine Hat Police still on 800 Mhz or have they made the move to AFRRCS? Didn't catch the model of scanner you are replacing. If they've made the move wouldn't be surprised if they went to encryption and no scanner will solve that.

cpnstubing

MHCP

So are Medicine Hat Police still on 800 Mhz or have they made the move to AFRRCS? Didn't catch the model of scanner you are replacing. If they've made the move wouldn't be surprised if they went to encryption and no scanner will solve that.

MHCP is still on 800Mhz - TAC is encrypted but primary and secondary channels are in the clear (P25)......highly doubt they'll be moving to AFRRCS.......system they've got is fairly new....but only their admin knows for sure.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
MHCP is still on 800Mhz - TAC is encrypted but primary and secondary channels are in the clear (P25)......highly doubt they'll be moving to AFRRCS.......system they've got is fairly new....but only their admin knows for sure.

So for Buzzard a scanner that will receive 800 MHz P25 should do it for him.

cpnstubing

So for Buzzard a scanner that will receive 800 MHz P25 should do it for him.

I would say so.....I’ve had AFRRCS programmed into my 996T sine they started transmitting and haven’t heard anything whatsoever.......only thing first responder variety appears to be MHCP and MHFD....both on 800mhz

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
So what’s the scanner I will need?, they show 866, 867 frequency

Well we know Captains Uniden 996T works there. So that would include the Uniden BCD396T and 396XT and the 996XT which are older models that might be purchased cheaper than the newer models like the BCD 436 and 536 models. Some other Medicine Hat members may have some Whistler models to suggest.

mark2117

Well we know Captains Uniden 996T works there. So that would include the Uniden BCD396T and 396XT and the 996XT which are older models that might be purchased cheaper than the newer models like the BCD 436 and 536 models. Some other Medicine Hat members may have some Whistler models to suggest.
The last I read from local news is that they were taking delivery of the new equipment for the new system the past January/February. I tapered my listen habits in January and haven't checked to see if they did actually switch or not.

The GRE scanner I use just shoots errors at me every time I turn it on anyway. If I fix it some day, I'll come back with an update! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.