RCMP changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The first female commissioner of the RCMP, Brenda Lucki, is an avid scanner listener. She has announced that on June 1, 2018 the force will discontinue encrypting routine dispatch channels. ERT , GIS and Major Crimes will continue to be protected.by AES 256 technology.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The first female commissioner of the RCMP, Brenda Lucki, is an avid scanner listener. She has announced that on June 1, 2018 the force will discontinue encrypting routine dispatch channels. ERT , GIS and Major Crimes will continue to be protected.by AES 256 technology.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup it's gonna be great. In the Canadian Press article date April 1, 2018 Lucki says she always knew she would become a Mountie after listening to her dad also a member on a 8 channel scanner on their farm east of Regina. Lucki says in the long run the move will save the force money and will also help recruit new members similarly to her. The change will be phased in and may take a year before fully implemented from sea to sea to sea.

yeg_scan

Aww Harry ... that is the best news ever. But can you work on Chief K too ?

I will be right over to give you a big hug. :D

devile

Premium Subscriber

Is this fake news? I can't find any media to support this statement... Nevermind I noticed the date you posted it lol good one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.