Question about best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjgillies

I have collected a number of frequencies for the Lloydminster area -- some from direct scanning and some from being in the right place with my basic RS frequency counter.

I just spent some time checking TAFL and confirmed that they are of course listed.

Given that over the next while a lot of them should be moving over the AFRRCS system (various small town fire departments that collectively make up the County of Vermilion River fire department as an example) is there any relevancy to adding them to the database for download purposes?

Not really keen on entering a bunch of data to have it gently deleted with (or without) a snark.

A cursory search could not find a sticky on this so thought I would raise it and see what admins and others thought/wanted done

Thanks

Ron VE6SJA

mciupa

Confirmed data is preferred and appreciated. It would be of benefit to others in the community to share your findings.

mciupa

And we can take any of your in-progress / unvalidated data in our wiki...Mike

Also, if the information becomes deprecated in the future, the Wiki is a prefect repository to store legacy information. Once information is property of RadioReference, it is never deleted.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Also, if the information becomes deprecated in the future, the Wiki is a prefect repository to store legacy information. Once information is property of RadioReference, it is never deleted.

And I've found that the current systems often indicate how they will be set up on AFRRCS.

rjgillies

Sounds good. I have a couple of extra days off this weekend and I will enter what I have confirmed over the last months. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.