RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Prairies and Pacific Coast

Prairies and Pacific Coast - Forum for discussing radio information in the Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon and British Columbia provinces.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2018, 12:17 AM

Default Saskatoon Trunk Discovery

Hello all,

I recently purchased the upgrade for my HP2 and have been using it to locate new talk groups within the Sasktoon network. I found a police related channel, lots of talk about plates, stolen cars, VIN's and warrants between officers. (no dispatcher as far as i can tell)

My only problem is after downloading the discovery to Sentinel I'm not 100% sure how to use that information to publish onto RR for everyone to listen to. (its my first time using discovery)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2018, 7:34 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

You could do a couple of things. Under the Scanner Master banner, there is a link with submit info. You could detail to me what it is you have discovered.

Or, if you send it to my RadioReference e-mail account, you could attach a .hpe file to an e-mail and I could open it up to see what you have there. My e-mail is mciupa@radioreference.com

Whichever way you choose, I'll try and update the database.
Old 06-27-2018, 7:54 PM

I appreciate you updating the database. You were hearing U of S Campus Security for sure. All other police communications are encrypted except for PPSTN's Interop talkgroups, which are used rarely.

There are main city dispatch channels for road/public works crews on Saskatoon trunked (analog)

5808 P/W 1
5840 P/W 2
5872 P/W 3
Old 06-27-2018, 8:11 PM

Iím new to the whole trunked discovery thing so I hope everything is accurate. I the U of S channel I heard was the mobile peace officers because they kept talking about ďparking servcesĒ so I connected the dots.

Thanks for the saskatoon public works info. Iím still unsure how to manually program my HP2 using sentinel until itís had a chance to update through RR.

Iíve never had a scanner like this before and I was out of the game for a while so itís a little bit of a learning curve again.

Tags
police, saskatoon