Saskatoon Trunk Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all,

I recently purchased the upgrade for my HP2 and have been using it to locate new talk groups within the Sasktoon network. I found a police related channel, lots of talk about plates, stolen cars, VIN's and warrants between officers. (no dispatcher as far as i can tell)

My only problem is after downloading the discovery to Sentinel I'm not 100% sure how to use that information to publish onto RR for everyone to listen to. (its my first time using discovery)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
You could do a couple of things. Under the Scanner Master banner, there is a link with submit info. You could detail to me what it is you have discovered.

Or, if you send it to my RadioReference e-mail account, you could attach a .hpe file to an e-mail and I could open it up to see what you have there. My e-mail is mciupa@radioreference.com

Whichever way you choose, I'll try and update the database.

ryan433pk

I appreciate you updating the database. You were hearing U of S Campus Security for sure. All other police communications are encrypted except for PPSTN's Interop talkgroups, which are used rarely.

There are main city dispatch channels for road/public works crews on Saskatoon trunked (analog)

5808 P/W 1
5840 P/W 2
5872 P/W 3

I’m new to the whole trunked discovery thing so I hope everything is accurate. I the U of S channel I heard was the mobile peace officers because they kept talking about “parking servces” so I connected the dots.

Thanks for the saskatoon public works info. I’m still unsure how to manually program my HP2 using sentinel until it’s had a chance to update through RR.

I’ve never had a scanner like this before and I was out of the game for a while so it’s a little bit of a learning curve again.

Status
Not open for further replies.