Psr-500 on the way! Bit the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
So like the title says. I have been saving and saving and finally it got to the point that I just did it I bit the bullet and spent the close to $600 it takes to get it here. Gonna be eating peanut butter and jelly for dinner for a while. Lol. But I'm opening the door to the digital systems here in Calgary!

:)

Last edited:

HDMechanic

About time..LOL. Now you can enjoy all the intresting things that are happening here in cowtown. How long untill it will show up??? Be cool if it showed up in time for the meet.

SCPD

QRT
should be here by weekend.
and no ill be keeping my radios. Going to use the pro-97 to monitor fire/ems, gre500 for police/anything digital. and Icom for unitrunker.

SCPD

QRT
So.... DHL lost my radio.....

so much for paying 50 +$ for shipping to get it here quick.
What a joke.

SCPD

QRT
CalgaryToad said:
So.... DHL lost my radio.....

so much for paying 50 +$ for shipping to get it here quick.
What a joke.

Breaking News......

Calgary
Angry man with BAT at DHL office looking for his parcel....

SCPD

QRT
I filed a Package Trace they said that would take 24 hours. If they don't find it i am going to be very upset....

The Claims process is a headache which involves getting my money back or sending the money back to SCANNERMASTER then reordering the scanner. The bottom line is I paid 50$ for this head ache and have not at all been offered any compensation for the delay in service.

Its not SCANNERMASTERS fault. ITS the absolute garbage service from DHL. I have a feeling it was some shady character on there delivery force looked at the package way bill and said hey expensive police scanner... perfect ill take that!

SCPD

QRT
HDMechanic said:
Good thing it wasnt the post offfice or you would have to go postal.LOL.
DHL DropHoldLose had to rub it in, :)
.... been down this road many of times, mainly with FedEx

SCPD

QRT
This is the first time for me... :-( Im not so happy with that.

I hope they call me tomorrow and say, its here come get it. I wont even complain ill just go get it and never use them ever again for shipping. If they say its gone for good, ill be mad as hell. I would want a shipping refund and I would want scanner master to ship again using UPS.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Thus, one of the reasons I like to buy locally [whenever possible]! Sometimes you might pay a little more, but adding in the S & H costs, aggrevation, lost merchandise, etc., helping the local guy may have long term benefits.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have never had speedy service from DHL. Most of my stuff comes from the Universal Package Smashers, but they charge a gazillion dollars in brokerage fees most of the time. However, they do deliver to my door. FedEx won't even do door-to-door out in Bragg Creek - they deliver to the hardware store (!?!) and I have to go pick it up there.

SCPD

QRT
problem being, I would have bought locally however... There are no GRE PSR 500 sales locations in Calgary.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Any luck yet? still dont have it?

Ive only had good news with DHL but with BIG PACKAGES. Ive gotten 100lb car subwoofers delivered from Alberta in 3 days with no issues, not a scratch on the box. Although maybe its too heavy to throw into the truck hehe.

But for small boxes maybe a regular Post Office is better (US-PS to Canada Ive had nothing but good deliveries)...

I agree wit the other poster UPS charges WAY WAY too much in brokerage fees. I got a $50 item and they charged $30 in fees.. I was like WTF thats 60% fee. But they hold you hostage at the door you have to pay or else no item and it was a bday gift for someone so I needed it.

Good luck hope it comes soon. There is insurance on your PSR-500 right?

SCPD

QRT
kq4z said:
Hi Toad,

You are going to like the 500 sooo much better than the PRO-96 you wanted to steal from me.

I did you a favor by not wanting to ship to Canada.

Enjoy the new radio.
de
chris
kq4z

For the record I would have bought the Gre500 anyway. However I'm glad you feel that highly about the 500. I however am still trying to figure out where DHL has my radio. Last I heard the update was at 7:04am this morning. I spoke to a DHL manager and he said the trace was still underway.. he feels that the item is still with Canada Customs.

SCPD

QRT
torontokris said:
Good luck hope it comes soon. There is insurance on your PSR-500 right?

I would hope that Scanner Master for the 50$ + shipping would have some sort of insurance on the package. It was not an ebay item or anything like that it was from a retailer so I would think that if the package never makes it to me it would be up to the retailer to file claim with the shipper.

Either way I am so upset with the politics of it all. I just want my radio, AGAIN I have nothing against ScannerMaster they had my package out the door in less then 24 hours. It has everything to do with the money spent vs the quality of the shipper im dealing with. Today is DAY 7 since it was shipped Global Express ie: 2 - 3 Bus days to my door.

oilgod2001

Premium Subscriber
CalgaryToad,
Have you got the darn thing yet? Nothing is worse than waiting for something.....and it not showing up. Hope yoy finally got it!! You will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.