I have entered my locatation
Set my range to maximum
I use a discone ant at 50 feet above ground lmr 400 coax
I am near St jerome .

Amy help thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If MTL means Montreal, the police comms are encrypted. You won't hear. Fire and EMS seem to be in the clear, though. Not sure how far out their system will be monitorable. Looks like you are around 30 miles from city center, but I'm not familiar with the area. Hopefully a local can pipe up to help.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
If MTL means Montreal, the police comms are encrypted. You won't hear. Fire and EMS seem to be in the clear, though. Not sure how far out their system will be monitorable. Looks like you are around 30 miles from city center, but I'm not familiar with the area. Hopefully a local can pipe up to help.

50 km, Paul. :wink:

Yes, SPVM (the Montreal PD) is encrypted full time. This has nothing to do with the ongoing corruption investigation, I'm certain. They are on the SERAM system.

SIM (the Montreal FD) and Urgences Sante (Montreal+Laval EMS) are not encrypted. SIM is now on SERAM and Urgences Sante are on RSP (the P25 part).

All are 800-MHz trunked systems.

The question is, though, can you hear it up there? THAT I don't have an answer for. If you had an external antenna it wouldn't be an issue. Without one ... hmmm.

sammycookie

Urgence Santé work to RENIR P25 encrypt
Police MTL work to SERAM P25encrypt
SIM work to SERAM P25
Urgence Santé sont sur le RENIR en P25 encrypté, la police de Montréal sont sur le SERAM en P25 encrypté et le SIM est sur le SERAM en P25 .

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Urgence Santé sont sur le RENIR en P25 encrypté, la police de Montréal sont sur le SERAM en P25 encrypté et le SIM est sur le SERAM en P25 .

They were boring anyway (I worked for one of their contractors back in the day when they moved from Bell radios [Mocom 30s] on UHF to EFJohnson LTR radios).

When did they move to RENIR? And why are they still listed in the DB as being on RSP?

And why does Quebec have *so many* radio systems??? :roll:

VORTAC

Database Admin
Urgences-santé is the only ambulance service not on the RENIR network. They are on the P25 Bell system. Daily radio operations are encrypted.

Montreal fire department can be heard on the SERAM network.

Status
Not open for further replies.